Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

This kind of stuff is a little weird to me, like, as an analyst he may think that this is the most likely outcome, and maybe he’s right. But it’s not his job to advocate for people who don’t want to own an Xbox. That’s Sony’s job.

1 Like

Sega made it’s share of mistakes but Sony didn’t hesitate to help it along. Sony and Nintendo were pretty damned Ruthless over the years. Nintendo during the SNES era was some shit , and Sony well…since entering the console space.

2 Likes

This was a long time ago but as I remember it the dreamcast came out first so sony was spreading talk that it wasn’t truely next gen. Convincing EA not to put sports game on dreamcast…

They did the same thing to the 360 too. There was a lot of xbox 1.5 talk back in the day.

3 Likes

If not for Sony completely botching on the ps3 they probably would have done the same thing to Microsoft.

Peeps really thought those were actual ps3 graphics.

7 Likes
11 Likes

The boss has spoken

3 Likes

Call of Duty stays on PS but you can bet exclusive content will be on Xbox moving forward along with being day 1 on Game Pass while Sony charges 70 dollars.

I’d rather COD stay multiplat than Gamepass go onto the PS5.

1 Like

I genuinely think it’s probably bad if MS just pulls something like COD off PS, yes I know if Sony bought them they would do it but guess what Sony could never do that and if MS did that it could really hurt Sony in a bad way. I know we’ve dealt with shit and Sony in ways deserve it but that would honestly be petty.

Call of duty will be marketed for Xbox, we will get early access, betas and tons of other bonuses. Diablo and the like will be exclusive though.

Also MS doing this will help push it through all the scrutiny, I’d rather have Sony get cod, we get them on Game Pasd and some exclusives than the deal falling through.

1 Like

By keep call of duty this could mean not pull games away which is still true.

1 Like

I’m even more interested by the new potential games from old franchises that MS could bring back ( which will be exclusive ).

1 Like

Gonna be honest that Phil tweet could absolutely not mean what people think it is.

3 Likes

Seriously… What’s up with Jason Schreier?

When rhe news broke he was yelling ANRITRUST on Twitter Now hes talking smack about “Xbox fanboys” etc…

I already knew it but boy he really outed himself recently.

3 Likes

This means nothing.

Desire is not intent. We desire for COD to be available on PlayStation—via Game Pass. COD will be available via Warzone regardless. This tweet reads like it’s for regulators.

I’m waiting until the deal is finalized and checking out of the exclusivity discussion until then. ZeniMax left me absolutely burnt out.

5 Likes

COD this year and next year will still be on Playstation, after that, yea I think its exclusive

2 Likes

Lol he has been like this for a long time and there are a lot of big media people in the industry just the same, kinda cringe tbh.

2 Likes

I don’t wanna derail the topic but he’s been like that.

1 Like

Sony always play hype ball in order to hurt the competitor. This is honestly not new. I always remember back in 2005, my friends and I thought, “Damn, I can’t wait for PS3. Xbox looks good but wow, PS did it again!” Never forget…

“Our Desire”

chuckle.gif

Talk about Stockholm Syndrome lol….”yeah they’d totally do it to us but we shouldn’t do it to them”….huh?

Not petty at all, it’s business.