Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

They know :joy:

This topic is picking up

7 Likes

It’s been hilarious on Twitter and other sites today about how unfair it is.

It maybe unfair but for me as a consumer Acti-Bliz-King acquisition by Xbox is in the right direction due to Gamepass

13 Likes

unfair has nothing to do with business, nothing in life is equal in life except for the fact we all have the same amount of time in a day.

I would like to read brazilian twitter considering that Brazil is kinda skewed towards Xbox.

3 Likes

Not sure what Sony execs and Sony fans are so worried about

Don’t they listen to Tavish? He has the answers to aliviate all their worries

And he’ll tell anyone…a thousand times if necessary

11 Likes

It’s wasn’t unfair when Xbox loses on Final Fantasy, Spider-Man, Genshin Impact :sleeping:

2 Likes

Saw bunch of memes, but it is kinda poetic that Project L is trending :joy:

100%. Didn’t they also pay to have Spider Man DLC for Marvel Avengers kept off Xbox?

4 Likes

Yeah. Although i laugh at shit like that now. Its all so quaint.

Sony :Assassins Creed Rift…now with Kratos Beany Baby.

MS: You wanna play GTA6 for free?

1 Like

They did, even the shitty Spider-Man DLC for the mediocre Avengers game they paid to keep off Xbox.

2 Likes

I like that Sony called Game Pass a “force”. When suggesting Game Pass we should be saying “May Game Pass be with you” :joy:

11 Likes

And backlog be the ‘dark side’ of Gamepass universe

:joy:

4 Likes

@howlingmosquito /sigh…no.

I’ll be blunt…I dunno that you are having a good faith discussion if you dismiss what Phil says and what Brad Smith says no matter how clear they say it, no matter how many times they say it, no matter what audience they say it to, and no matter what format they express their decisions in. When the literal ppl making these decisions are outright telling you their gameplan and you refuse to accept it that doesn’t lead one to conclude any new info could ever change your mind.

Yes, this 100%. I wanna add too that once CoD is launching day 1 into GP the Xbox ecosystem will explode in popularity. They don’t need to make a single ABK game even so much as a timed exclusive in order to reap enormous, industry-changing benefits from this. The revenue streams alone even w/o GP launches would fuel massive expansion of their other 1P teams/portfolio and that was already a huge growth vector for Xbox even before ABK.

1 Like

Pointing out their vertical integration to other media is interesting. Could be planting roots for the future to reference as well.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say it again, in Brad Smith we trust.

7 Likes
6 Likes

A lot of the legal stuff connected to this topic is boring/dry, but this stuff here is genuinely really fascinating to see.

1 Like

I feel better already

1 Like

Academic. They havent even attempted to convince the FTC these games will stay cross platform. They are in fact fighting to make it easier to make them exclusive to Xbox by claiming them to be nothing special at all!

Its ok that you completely misunderstood what was going on when this was announced. You should accept gracefully that you were wrong.

Yikes indeed. No wonder they bought Bungie in a rush!