Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s a new studio from former Witcher developers.

That would be the dream, but it’s most likely just some COD bullshit.

4 Likes

It’s only fitting… They are gettin bought by RPG heavy publisher so have to make a RPG game as well :wink:

This deal is getting better by the minute!

10 Likes

Nice, although Im surprised this is happening before they are a part of MS

Infinity Ward are considered THE CoD studio and their name carries a massive amount of weight so them finally being able to make something completely new after 15 years would be a pretty huge deal

I now believe in toys for blob freedom!!

Probably Activision decided to give up and just do whatever they want. Of course people will think that “no way Microsoft has some influence on that” but I just don’t believe it. Like with it going biennial and other stuff, and now - this, I just don’t believe that ABK decided to change without MSFT influence or approval.

1 Like

One of the responses is suggesting that IW should make a Halo. Why do so many Xbox fans lack imagination :phil_lmao:

Need this to cross the line before diablo iv

Ironic actually. No matter how people are tired of Halo, Gears and Forza - all the time they ask for Halo, Gears and Forza :joy:

1 Like

Diablo 4 isn’t coming until mid 2023 at the earliest imo and I feel the ABK deal will also be done then at the latest, I think it will complete early 2023

So yeah, it will be a Day 1 GP game

2 Likes

Or just the knowledge that they don’t have to deal with the risks themselves lol

“We might not have CoD in 2023 and will see decreased revenue? Who cares, it’s gonna be Microsoft’s problem by then”

damn wtf . A COD studio working on a new IP ? This gives me hope for some other studios .

Yeah very hopeful. It truly makes no sense that all those studios are on CoD, it’s disgusting. My opinion on the ABK acquisition will depend on how they handle those studios in the way of getting them making other games again. Getting at least 3 studios at least partially (as support) away from CoD and making new or lgeacy IP is the minimum I’m looking and hoping for.

wasn’t halo 4 or halo 5 mocked for being to cod like?

Freeing Infinity wards Poland team and making a AAA RPG. Yes please more of that, thank you. I would also like to suggest expanding Sledgehammer Toronto and make a new project there.

2 Likes

That was a major complaint about Halo 4’s multiplayer at the time.

I don’t want to ruin the mood, but is she really a developer for Infinity Ward? Something seems off to be honest, a lot of interaction with fans from her.

Confirming the work on a new IP like this is very unusual.

People can get sued and blacklisted for something like that.

When you click the link it says position filled :eyes:

1 Like

I found this interview (bad translation) that explains what IW Poland was originally created for. Basically only engine stuff, like Raytracing and volumetric lighting.

Activision searching for creative and lead positions, makes me really optimistic that this is indeed a new IP.

The proximity to the engine team is probably a big advantage, especially if they are using the COD engine for something wildly different like an RPG.

Graphic is most likely going to be awesome as well. With the talent of former CDPR and Techland employees this could turn out really great.

2 Likes

I would like to know who this unqualified, and untrained graphics engineer is who apparently is better at his job then most of the other qualified engineers there.