Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I mean somebody mentioned on Twitter sometime ago that FTC is running out of budget for this year or something so they have to choose the battles wisely. The faster it passes, the better Microsoft acquires something big again and fill Game Pass with games.

1 Like

Once again:

Iā€™m not paying Microsoft $200 bucks a year for them to give Sony multiplatform games that they earn 30% off of when they will use that 30% to do money hat deals that will actively make Xbox a worse platform.

3 Likes

No one is forcing you. :smile:

3 Likes

You clearly said it once, so why are you saying it again lol? It is your money, but you donā€™t need to keep announcing it.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure in 2024 we will get ā€œand yes, itā€™s exclusiveā€ again.

The main problem is ATVI has too many games that are gonna be released and supported like WOW, Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 and bunch of COD games (Warzone 1 and Warzone 2, MW2, something else). And they (aside WOW) might be multiplatform too.

1 Like

BECAUSE ITā€™S A FAIR POINT.

Weā€™re giving money to Microsoft and in turn a sum of that money is going to a cutthroat competitor who will use it to make deals that devalue Xbox in certain areas.

1 Like

Take a break. Youā€™ve posted that same line in three different threads. See you in a week.

21 Likes

They will also be giving money to MS to make even more acquisitions to avoid these games skipping the platform.

2 Likes

Prog banned again! Prepare for an acquisition next week!

15 Likes

Progā€¦ Step away from your phone/keyboard and take a break.

1 Like

and Microsoft gets 70% of all that money instead of 0% which can be used to grow more sounds like a boon to me

3 Likes

Hopefully a smaller one.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s three things inevitable in this worldā€¦

Death, Taxes and Prog getting banned periodicallyā€¦

Somehow Iā€™ve never even been warnedā€¦

:rofl:

6 Likes

lmao he got his ass banned

1 Like

Important detail. MS can offer to release their games on Playstation and Switch but under their terms

Nintendo want our games? You can have them via xCloud on Switch

Sony want our games? You can have them but the new contract is a 90/10 revenue split instead of 70 30

1 Like

This man is 100% right. Iā€™m not going to sit and argue about it for multiple posts, but as an Xbox customer, we will continue to lose huge games to 3rd party exclusivity while the competition doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s what makes me angry. Thereā€™s a massive corporation thatā€™s now making money on other platforms and treating their customers well while Xbox customers miss out.

Ultimately, I donā€™t care if the competition loses games but I do care that Xbox does. So if they take the profits and pay off the industry to make sure thereā€™s no exclusives Iā€™m good with that.

5 Likes

Playstation is and will lose out on far more games from any of these deals than xbox will and that isnt even up for debate. You should not expect to play every single game in existence on xbox while others in the space are competing.

3 Likes

I do expect to not miss out on a single massive 3rd party game. Xbox has more than enough money to make sure thatā€™s true. And as the customer I do feel thatā€™s what we deserve. Particularly if they are making billions off being multiplat now.

I donā€™t expect anything crazy like Sony or Nintendo 1st party.

1 Like

Xbox literally cannot block sony from making moves. Its impossible. Youre asking for MS to monopolize the gaming space at that point.