Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Split out the cod MP. $20 single player. $40 mp. SP is exclusive and mp is multiplat.

Or just make SP exclusive $60 and MP FTP multiplat.

1 Like

I am absolutely saying they should block massive 3rd party games from being exclusive. Iā€™m not saying block the industry. But there should never be an exclusive Street Fighter or Final Fantasy again. Call up Capcom and Square and tell them you want to deal and if that means giving an Xbox deliverance fee, thatā€™s what I feel is owed to customers. The best experience in gaming.

These big 3rd parties arenā€™t skipping Sony, make sure they donā€™t skip Xbox :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nah, I think it is gonna be ā€œfull Game Passā€ and Sony answers no. Microsoft answers later ā€œwe tried, they did not like our offeringā€.

Anyway, until 2024 ATVI wonā€™t become exclusivity factory anyway. Too many games in pipeline, developers in COD salt mines and so on.

2 Likes

Xbox is literally buying third party publishers and will have multiple exclusives that wont appear on playstation.

Playstation engages in moneyhats because they cant afford to buy out these franchises or studios.

1 Like

Limiting the egregious streak of moneyhats, never seen since PS2 days is not asking MS to monopolize gaming. I hope they at least used ABK to keep Sony in check.

Please explain how Xbox is going to force studios from making deals with sony other than buying every studio sony does business with to prevent it

Some of these arguments sound great in theory but do not line up with reality.

2 Likes

Straighten relationships, fund games, buy exclusivity themselves.

Like I said, COD is all the bargaining chip they need.

I expect less time exclusives going forward to be honest

1 Like

And Xbox can afford to make sure those massive 3rd party games arenā€™t exclusive. Thereā€™s no reason Xbox should be 2nd class in terms of 3rd party support.

2 Likes

There will be less timed exclusive going forward.

2 Likes

You think final fantasy magically appears on xbox with cod being exclusive? If anything sony doubles down or buys square enix to prevent microsoft from buying them.

1 Like

Is sony allowed to have any relationships without Microsoft blocking it?

Im not going to go back and forth with you but i promise you it is not as simple as you think it is

Too expensive. Microsoft clearly stated they are not interested in time exclusivity anymore and paying for the game to come on the platform is not the solution. Microsoft will continue purchasing developers and publishers.

Then you outbid Sony and put it on all platforms and reap the gamepass benefits. Again, thereā€™s no reason for Xbox to have 2nd class support by 3rd parties. Having that means they arenā€™t investing enough to ensure best in class service support from 3rd parties.

1 Like

Who said anything about blocking?

They just need to make sure theyā€™re important to those devs as much as Sony is. Sony is always around with marketing deals or whatever support they can give, itā€™s time Xbox started doing the same, whatever the price we all fully know they can pay it.

Yes clearly, but if youā€™re Xbox and want to deliver the best experience then you make sure those relationships with the big publishers are top notch and everything comes to your system. Even if you have to pay.

Make sure Sony works with independent developers and smaller publishers instead of those highly anticipated titles.

If final fantasy was simply about money these games wouldnt skip xbox.