Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT4| - Dawn of the Final Day, Deal is done!

Yeah it’s totally Sony, or maybe Google. Nobody else would care.

Trying to be symapthetic to CMA for a momentm in their heads, they think that in 10 years time, the cloud market would have been given enough of a chance to grow without MS being “too” donomnsant in that space.

They’re wrong, but I can see a throughline of logic.

The better solution is that adopted by MS, granting unfettered licenses to multiple cloud providers.

Still ,we’re at the end of the road, thank God.

2 Likes

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1712767430366277903?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

1 Like

This looked dead and buried just a few moths ago. Congrats to everyone who made it happen.

5 Likes

Glad this is over. This will be pretty much a relaunch of the Xbox brand. The media and gaming industry as a whole cant ignore or deride Xbox anymore like they used to.

Xbox is now pretty much a complete and self sustaining ecosystem for gaming. Sony cant money hat their way into trying to pull a Sega this time.

11 Likes

You would think Google

Thanks for clarifying, I guess Microsoft would be able to argue that Xbox/Microsoft Gaming division has to pay these sort of things themselves like they do with Azure. Making any situation as described as anti competitive, because they’re trying to price out Xbox while favoring competitors.

2 Likes

Seriously, it was such a massive effort. But now they have a clear path going forward in the future, hopefully the CMA doesn’t just cut all communications and decide to go down this no negociación route again.

1 Like

Great persistence shown by Microsoft and their outside lawyers to get this over the line despite a lot of hurdles. Going to be interesting to see how the cloud rights go. From what I’ve read Microsoft are still likely to get all the ABK games on xcloud simply at a a slight mark up. Can’t wait to see the future releases from this acquisition which can only benefit gamepass

3 Likes

It’s done folks! Friday the 13th will be remembered as the turning point when Xbox became number one.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see “ABK joins Xbox” on the Youtube channel, the video that Xbox released for the Bethesda acquisition was amazing.

2 Likes

My most anticipated moment from this acquisition.

Internet today is going to go full Duncan Principle.

49ca1303-f16e-4759-a93c-ef5681e8fc19_text

4 Likes

This person is statistically irrelevant. Most people only care about the recent games. For the next 15 years, Microsoft will own the physical and subsscription rights to all ABK library, and when the period is over, the streaming rights of these games will have little value.

This is odd, yes, but from a financial point of view, this is worth it.

1 Like

Oh I already see the likes of “The downfall of gaming begins here.” So we’re only getting started.

I still watch that vid regularly.

“I said ooooooooooohh…”

2 Likes

Less than 2 hour before the reckoning!

Yeah prepare for ‘this is disgrace letting Microsoft own one of the biggest publishers in the world’ followed up quickly by ‘nobody cares about ABK games, what a waste of money ‘.

Just wait….

8 Likes

dont have to wait. just go to neogaf and bring a lot of salt with you :joy: as for people saying this was dead a few months ago i dont agree. MS wouldnt let cma bring down such a massive deal because of cloud reasons. Thankfully logic prevailed even among the stupid cma

5 Likes

Already seeing variations of this plus ‘Now Sony are going to be forced to respond’

I think they’re just going to have significantly less games. Shame.