Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

Over 150 posts in just a few hours. Damn. I’m glad it worked out just like I believed. Now unto Sega.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/_sikamikanico_/status/1678796027816452100?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

11 Likes

I think one of the most amazing things learned in Judge Corley’s ruling is that Microsoft fought to have the injunction hearing in Washington DC likely due to some hope of more favorable judge or something. The FTC fought for California where it ended up being the same Judge Corley that had been thoroughly educated on the gaming industry while presiding over the sham “gamers” lawsuit that Sony was shadow supporting. This is a hilarious boomerang on Sony and the FTC with their dirty anti consumer tactics.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/gamepasstracker/status/1678787132083560453?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/jaywood2010/status/1678789328393101312?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Wait, I missed that. It’s really happening this soon. Best week ever.

7 Likes

#holdtheline

Next ILP gonna be fire :phil_lmao:

1 Like

They are not going to be granted another TRO since this court case failed, they can appeal but that will also fail. From a USA perspective this is over, MS will close over the CMA next week so they do not have to eat 3 billion or risk an extension and they will either work out a deal with the CAT/CMA or just accept the fines and continue to appeal.

The key point is MS forced the FTC’s hand to go to court cause they were saying they would close the deal. They won the case and the timing allows them to close before the deadline on the 18th which is why they forced the FTC’s hand in the first place.

The CAT/CMA thing will take longer to hash out but the deal will close on time and they will work on appeasing the CMA after close. MS saves 3 billion this way and can use that saving to continue the UK court fight.

The CMA’s cases is even flimsier then the FTC’s case since the CMA threw out the console harm argument.

So this deal is done it’s just a matter of hashing out the lone standout in the CMA but that may not be done till after closing.

3 Likes

Ok I come back after half an hour and see people explaining why ms hasn’t won yet and acting like the judge denying the PI is irrelevant, give me a break and let me stop dishing out 70 euros for COD every year jesus christ.

3 Likes

Glad the CMA was watching the FTC get blasted in the face repeatedly with haymakers and came to their senses. Holding out on those COD sales paid off. :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

Feel free to play this as you read this thread:

I love the YouTube embedding in this forum.

9 Likes

queue the concern trolling over studios getting bought more due to this passing

5 Likes

Oh, so now the CMA wants to talk. Probably because its looks bad they are the sole regulator opposing this merger and if its fails, potential UK jobs will become potential EU jobs.

1 Like

King David just sold Sony to Netflix :joy:

5 Likes

We all know what to do now…turn our eyes to…

13 Likes

in due time

7 Likes

LOL 194 unread posts.

Hot shit rock and roll.

My cousin Frank says this is a done deal!

10 Likes

5 Likes

In some places it can be both. :smile:

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it’s done in the US

Oh shit CMA coming to the table now

1 Like

Yep, the CMA is going to settle then. Either way this deal is closing before or on the 18th

6 Likes