Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

https://twitter.com/BradSmi/status/1678796043545350144?t=bO9yrkha_HHp53NbJ2xtMw&s=19

12 Likes

Expect a twitt from him about England being good for business very soon.

2 Likes

This is absolutely shocking to me, I was almost half expecting them to needlessly draw this out. I’m literally stunned. What a wild freaking ride this has been. Thankfully facts ultimately won over ideology.

2 Likes

CMA blocking Microsoft was like Roman Reigns pinning the Usos to win the tag match, only for them to kick out in the last millisecond. Now, we about to witness history.

5 Likes

–

15 Likes

The FTC under Lina Khan continue to be ideological martyrs and have again spunked tax payers’ money up the wall for no gain.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/bondsarah_bond/status/1678786575126376448?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Oh I see what you did there.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/destinlegarie/status/1678795009079005185?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

8 Likes

Trending at #2. What a day.

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I knew something has happened when I seen the thread sitting at 144 new comments. Good news.

9 Likes

Can we now have Diablo and COD on gamepass so I can play?

thanks sony for trying to screw over people that just want to play games.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Wait, you mean the discussion there is back to Starfield? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I thought I clicked the wrong thread at first.

1 Like

A. HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS THE MAD LADS DID IT!!! coughs and clears throat

B. I was just at ResetEra - I’ve been following the case mostly there. And the moment it looks like MS actually will win, all of these posters I haven’t seen in months or before at all start chiming in about how contracts will be broken, regulators are toothless (totally ignoring that said contracts are because of regulators), and one cat even suggested the judge was paid off… Apparently, vidya gahms are serious business, y’all.

25 Likes

Very happy this saga is coming to a close, Phil kept his promise to building an industry leading 1st party organisation. Makes me even happier knowing they are not done yet. :clap:

17 Likes

I hope MSFT tells Sony to fuck off if they try to approach them for a deal lol

15 Likes

The good guys always win, and good guy Phil Spencer told us he was confident this was going through.

Now, just finalize this deal so we can go on with the next acquisition, and then the next one, until MS owns all!

1 Like

To me the Dub is not the denial of the injunction, it’s the final hours before this thread finally close.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right, but it doesn’t negate the doomposters that still came in on a schedule to sow concern…

Some statements made less than an hour ago have aged like milk for example :slight_smile:

Most importantly, Florian got a lock of flak (some deserved) but he was far more accurate on this side of things than some of the posters on the other place and beyond… just saying.

21 Likes