Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

$ATVI up 10%

7 Likes

Sonyers tears are kinda salty :thinking:

9 Likes

It is over 90 :exploding_head:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1678792960861716480?t=l5c91zsGCpmT4iYYWb2hnw&s=19

Its finally over

8 Likes

Interesting

While not a sure thing, this is a big change from what they said previously

4 Likes

Translation: We tapped out.

7 Likes

It is done, now CMA has lost FTC support and is ready to discuss. FTC will probably not appeal too.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect the CMA to take any small additional concession as a win now and get the F out asap!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1678794884558336001?s=46

13 Likes

You guys should really take a read of the full judgement. Thereā€™s some good stuff in there like the Judge stating that if they were to have to rule they would include Switch in the market definition but they are not and FTC do enough to meet requirements there.

Also puts the FTC on blast for relying so heavily on Jim

FTCJR

30 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to treat myself today!

5 Likes

Yeah CMA are backpedalling. WE WON!

8 Likes

Hahahahha

7 Likes

Called it APOLOGISE to me (/s)

1 Like

Judge Corley to the FTC/CMA

30 Likes

We also got to hear the case and see for ourselves that the FTCā€™s arguments were really weak.

6 Likes

Also the immediate backpedalling suggests Khan basically forced Cardellā€™s hand on this.

10 Likes

FTC has lost face again, I assume CMA was fooled by FTC last year and does not want to lose their first big case after Brexit. They will accept any small modification and tell they bring MS to the table to save the market.

Then focus on AI, but without any ruling on cloud.

8 Likes

CMA have capitulated. Good.

The thing is. Regulation won here.

Why canā€™t CMA and FTC see that?

They forced what COULD have been a bad deal for a chunk of gamers into a FAR better one.

The job of regulators is not to stop deals but to improve them so that competition is maintained.

CMA are on their own here and they know it. All MS needs to do now is offer one or two ADDITIONAL concessions on top of what they have already offered and they are done.

Then Brad Smith will be all nice, saying how well regulation has done and that everyone did their job well.

10 Likes

Called a dark day in gaming and looking for 30 FPS titles. Yeah, thatā€™s tears.

2 Likes