Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

Yep. This is why im taking a wait and see approach.

If thereā€™s anything that Iā€™ve learned from this process is that were going to have to wait until the very last possible second of the last minute of the last hour of the last day to expect an answer.

I was a fool to expect anything today. SMH @ myself

3 Likes

Corley is busy for another 45 minutes. After thatā€¦ Who knows?

Drop da bomb

I mean, today is the last day. If a decision isnā€™t made today, than Microsoft will have to extend.

1 Like

I have no idea what Judge Corley will rule here, but based on what I heard and read from that hearing it seems that Microsoft will have a much stronger chance at winning an appeal if she happens to grant the injunction versus the FTC winning any appeal if she denies. I do believe that Microsoft has enough facts and good legal arguments on their side that they will at least file an emergency appeal to try getting a multiple judge appeals court to overturn an injunction if one is granted.

Given the timeline you have to believe that Activision Blizzard and Microsoft have already agreed to a limited time extension to cover the basics of this current process and a possible appeal and such. It would be more surprising if they were willing to continue the circus of a full FTC case if an injunction is granted when the FTC can and likely will drag the mess out for possibly years, which is likely why Kotick said the deal would be dead if an injunction is granted. His comments had nothing to do with the current 18th merger agreement date in and of itself, rather that the action of an injunction would kill the deal.

Seemingly documents are dropping now, not THE document yet though.

1 Like

Maybe we should forget about it. That way, it will arrive.

6 Likes

I guess itā€™s nearly 4pm in west coast US now, doesnā€™t seem like a common period for any official announcements.

Judge is probably preparing to go home.

5 Likes

Why would it not come right after? It will be a 1st party game. All 1st party games goes on Gamepas day and date, unless have contracts with other publisher etcā€¦

Some people think Diablo and CoD are too big to go day 1. I dont.

There is only one thing that would stop COD or Diablo from going into GP Day 1 and itā€™s GP exclusion clause in a marketing deal. MS got marketing for Diablo so itā€™s not blocked, COD may have to wait, but we are getting Diablo.

2 Likes

All 1st party game goes on Gamepass day and date. Starfield, Fallout 5, Elder Scrolls 6 etcā€¦

It does not matter how big. If for example GTA 6 were a 1st party game, it would be day and date on Gamepass, and that game would still sell 200 million copies cause itā€™s GTA.

The after hour trading will soon meet an end. The last hope for Monday.

I would think that any COD being blocked from Game Pass would be part of the current Sony marketing deal meaning that COD 2024 and beyond wonā€™t apply and thus, would be day one on Game Pass.

Iā€™m glad to not be bothering with gaming websites at all for a long time now. After such a tweet, how can you take anything serious what this clown might write for the site? You have to wonder what Xbox has done to these people for them to react this way.

:expressionless:

2 Likes

Xbox exists. Thatā€™s all the motivation they need. :smile:

1 Like

That, and the fact that they are now competing, fighting back, making something of themselves. This is what they have been begging for and now itā€™s happening and they cry. :joy:

2 Likes

Kotaku are a joke. Noone takes them seriously

1 Like

Someone clarify this for me, since TRO can only be in placed for up to 14 days + 2 additional weeks by the judge and 5 day cooldown only apply to after PI outcome is given and today is the end of the 14 days + 2 weeks extension, does that mean that after today (hypothetically )MS/ABK are able to merge freely disregarding whatever is the outcome of the PI?