Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

Nothing happened, for now

Seems like someone is gearing up!

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1678466074042310658

4 Likes

Even if that’s true which is questionable, MS has a marketing deal so a GP deal wouldn’t be out of the question regardless if the ABK deal happens or not, I don’t think it’s a sign the deal is about to go through.

2 Likes

I know this is going to sound odd but it is a bit funny how this whole thing is being argued and somehow divided. It’s like if EU allowed it but CMA blocked it, it’s like the latter be like, “Oh yeah, we did our research and block it, not like those idiots who allowed it.”

It’s definitely the other way around, as the EU had started testing for how the deals would work before allowing it. They did a full on investigation unlike the CMA, that made up numbers and tried to pass them off as fact.

1 Like

I know but when you have odd man out, it’s like why and often they feel like they know it best.

1 Like

The EU do things properly. The CMA have an ideological opposition to behavioural remedies even though that makes zero sense in this case. But that opposition was well documented in advance. It’s not like they hid it.

1 Like

Where is uncle Frank when we need him the most?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/idlesloth84_/status/1678470125312172033?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Someone really can’t wait.

1 Like

Even if MS Acquire ABK soon I don’t think they’ll put D4 on GAmepass right away. Would cause a lot of upset people who literally bought the game a month ago.

5 Likes

Its the internet so people will always be upset. However, they bought the game knowing Microsoft was going to be buying activision blizzard king. They bought it knowing it was possible it could come to gamepass and they were just acknowledging that they couldn’t wait or didn’t think the deal was going to go through.

I don’t see how anyone could realistically be upset with anyone other then themselves over their own lack of patience and/or foresight.

17 Likes

You underestimate the trolls on the internet. But you right most people know about ABK. But it Microsoft you are talking about. and people hate them.

3 Likes

Not only that but Microsoft has openly and repeatedly said, for the past 18 months, that they will put every ABK game that they can on GP when the deal closes.

8 Likes

Remember that day when LuLu cheng (did I spell right?) tweeted a paddinton bear, saying good morning UK?

I have tempered expectations.

Edit: That day is brutal

2 Likes

Hasn’t this happened other games?

I remember something happening with Cyberpunk but it was just a mistake

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1678472433181794308?s=46&t=XQGtVuEij2zItfcqrx1t5w

:eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

Maybe. Still don’t think MS will do it because the money its made and making.

What will be interesting is D4 isn’t Steam or any other service except Blizzards own client. So it has to integrate over to windows before even being able to be on Gamepass for PC.

1 Like

He announces it’s Monday every week. Larry is way too pro to be doing anything else.

3 Likes

And anyway, does the result not get revealed for everyone at the same time? So MS and ATVI will know the same time the public do? We will just see the redacted version that says whether the motion is granted or denied

1 Like

the way I understand it. FTC and Microsoft/ABK will know first. then all parties involved will get a chance to redact some information and will be announced on the 12th. Could be wrong though.