Microsoft Acquiring Zenimax/Bethesda

WHO DOESNT HAVE A WAR CHEST BABY! GTFO FOR ALL THE HATERS! LOL!!! GOD DAmn!!!

6 Likes
1 Like

Absolutely crazy. So many quality studios. The gameplan is actually working for Microsoft. So many incredible IPs and talented studios. Huge day

1 Like

This is beyond wildest dreams!

I hope they start putting the Bethesda back catalog on game pass. Man this is crazy news on a Monday!

2 Likes

Just buy CD Project Red and call it a day. XBOX.

1 Like

This is like one of the wildest things I’ve seen in the games industry. Thats massive and out of nowhere.

Hi there,

1st topic here, I just realized that Tango and Mikami are under Zenimax, so I assume they are now part of Xbox Team?

If so, I’m soooo happy, as a huge fan of the 1st Evil Within, it’s a japanese studio for Xbox?

Is it the case?

The planned acquisition includes publishing offices and development studios spanning the globe with over 2,300 employees, including Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. Bethesda’s critically acclaimed and best-selling franchises include The Elder Scrolls , Fallout , DOOM , Quake , Wolfenstein , and Dishonored , among others.

1 Like

Wowowow. Mind blown

1 Like

It was in Aaron Green urges and Bethesda IP image tweet so I’d assume yes

1 Like

Honestly WTF…I mean What the ACTUAL F*****

Biggest news of 2020 and console wars just ended

2 Likes

tenor (4)

bKDU93v

THEY PRODDED AND TEASED THE SLEEPING GIANT. NOW THE GIANT IS AWAKE!

10 Likes

You know what… Part of the reason this has come to pass is because of “CONSOLE WARZ”. People would just keep on pushing the MS has no games narrative, what about exclusives narrative, etc… All of those little jabs, well like it or not this is what happens when MS hits back.

5 Likes

Jeebus fucking Christ OUT OF NOWHERE

9 Likes

Also a method to start into a preorder week LOL

9 Likes

Ok, thx for the info!

So MS and Xbox has now a japanese studio?

And Mikami is a huge get I think, it’s really a great news!

3 Likes

Xbox now has more next gen games in the pipeline than Sony for the next 5 years lets say

I am talking BIG games.

If you want western RPG’s you can only get them on Xbox now

5 Likes

For refrence, $7.5 billion is more than what Disney paid for Lucasfilm. This is huge, and it shows Microsoft is in this for the long haul. It’s also interesting for what this means for Xbox as a whole- getting Doom and Wolfenstein along Halo and Gears is continuing the theme of Xbox being the premiere box for FPS games, Bethesda alongside Playground, inXile, means Microsoft is setting up Xbox as a WRPG powerhouse, and Tango is the Japanese developer we always wanted. This is an amazing deal.

1 Like

So I guess WB was really on the table, but this is a much better purchase imo. I’m so hyped for this because gamepass def became more valuable, but I do feel gamepass price will increase soon

4 Likes