Omg…

Holy crap.

They made 20 by 2020 after all

5 Likes

Oh my God… BYE BYE SONY

1 Like

An RPG CONSOLE FOR LIFE!!

1 Like

Holy fucking shit. This is absolutely insane and out of nowhere.

Please let the first action to break the timed exclusives for ps5.

And the second action to buy Sega :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Good stuff and by the sounds of things going fully exclusive.

Wonder where that leaves Deathloop and GhostWire.

They’ll still be contracted to release as per previous agreements i’d assume.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

WTTFFFFFFF! MEGATOOON! GAME OVER!

2 Likes

I think the big point of this move is with a subscription service 15 studios wouldn’t be enough. As if you look at the difficulties netflix has…the prime issue is content. So they have had to invest in alot of original content to keep things fresh.

This acquisition allows for a slew of studios to be able to add to a regular cadence of releases.

3 Likes

All I can say is: Michael Pachter was right !!!

Well guys, this is one way to moneyhat games… :smile:

I’m utterly stunned

Sony played with fire.

2 Likes

I hope they still have plans to acquire Asobo as well </3 Too good to pass on

2 Likes

Holy!!! This is huge. Does this mean we can get a Fallout New Vegas sequel?

4 Likes

This is probably the biggest gaming news of the year. Hopefully a start to rebuilding some of the trust they have lost from the core gaming audience. This definitely makes Xbox the go to for western RPGs and shooters.

The added value to gamepass is also massive.

7 Likes

That would be insane. If they walked out at the tokyo gameshow and was like “we have acquired sega.” I don’t forsee it happening but it would be a great to see just to read all internet comments.

1 Like

There were quite a few rumblings last year and I only gave it slight credence because of some of the sources. Looks like they were right! This really shows Microsoft is serious about supporting Xbox and Game Pass, so I would wager that we shouldn’t put some of those smaller dev acquisitions on the back burner yet. Great time to be an Xbox fan!

2 Likes

Was expecting some news regarding the actual console today and I get treated to this. God bless.

1 Like

Biggest gaming news of the year? Its easily and without hyperbole the biggest gaming news of the last decade and I’m being very very conservative there…

2 Likes