Marvel's Blade - Announcement Trailer

What I really don’t like is that the exclusivity nonsense topic is dominating the first 80 posts of this thread.

Anyway, Arkane devs seem stoked to work on this IP set in their native France. I’m not big on Blade, but am curious how they will handle this all and realize their vision… amazingly in third-person!

13 Likes

This can be a cool game. I prefer the not so PG3 super hero stuff and I hope this wont be.

Microsoft wants to keep their high margins against this lawsuit like they did against the PI, the deeper the hole the FTC digs, the better.

Do you think that a company who’s proud to make Persona and Refantazio marketing all about Xbox wouldn’t do the same with Blade if there wasn’t an attempt to break the merger in the background even if its very unlikely to happen

I wonder what kind of conditions Disney enforces. Like, is swearing allowed? Blood? Gore? Their movies are so clean and save. I hope the games can be different.

If the game is as early as it sounds, it might not even be till next gen so even Xbox platforms might not have been decided yet or maybe they are still working contract stuff out, who knows

I don’t expect it to be multiplat, we’ve already seen they were willing to make Indy exclusive and a high profile single player game like this has more value as being an exclusive than multiplat

Spiderman is huge and would sell millions alone on Xbox, more than Blade would and yet Sony keep it exlusive because it’s worth losing out on those millions for the ecosystem, Blade might be smaller than Spidey but it’s the same idea

Same goes for ES6 and other single player stuff

It’s been desribed as “mature” and Dinga liked a tweet about Disney making the movie R-Rated

I don’t think Disney are going to come in demanding much

Doubt there would be two games. There was speculation that Arkane could have just been using Ubisoft mocap facilities.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know. A Blade Pg3 game sounds awful lol

1 Like

Somebody at Arkane Lyon has a knowledge in holy Quran to write that specific veres at the top of the barbershop.

In case you interested, it means, Ask for protection from God.

3 Likes

Found this on Reddit, Ex PlayStation dev says Game will be Cross Platform.

https://twitter.com/AlexSmitk/status/1733146505094087058

This guy is full of shit. So much copium. How undignified!

16 Likes

Guy is a :clown_face:

5 Likes

Dont trust anyone named Alex Smith

2 Likes

Past Blade movies were rated R, the new Blade movie will be rated R and all of Arkane’s games are mature, so probably will be in that vein.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I can’t find the Blade Trailer song. Maybe it’s a exclusive song for the game ?

I need this track. It’s so good.

This guy also said that Sony were acquiring Bandai Namco, Take-Two and that back in November GamePass was also going up in price significantly…

Did any of that happen?

8 Likes

Same guy that said Playstation acquired Take2 and CDPR.

Btw DuskGolem was wrong on Dishonored 3. Only trust them on Capcom, everything else put them on fraud watch.

4 Likes

Alex Smith has a history of lying?

Even if it were to be true, meh. A requirement by Marvel? My guess would be that they want that PS money.

But again, if that’s true, a big if. Last week he said some stuff about GTA 6 and honestly those must have been the most easy predictions ever.

Do we have some good examples/proof that he’s full of it?

Browse through his tweets and you know he’s full of shit.

7 Likes

Dinga Bakaba is a muslim.

2 Likes