Marvel's Blade - Announcement Trailer

By the time this releases people will be saying ”Blade without Mahershala Ali?"

But hey, it worked for Guardians and Spider-Man, I’m sure it’ll work for Blade.

Maybe Blade contractually had to be announced, but Xbox doesn’t want to be associated with games that are forever away at this point. Plus it might be a cross-gen game.

It would be weird if Xbox went out of its way to change the deal Zenimax had signed with Disney for Indiana Jones and now out of its own volition sign a multiplatform contract for Blade. It is a weird situation all around.

I would guess that Playstation fan boys are trying to shift the attention from the fact that Spiderman did not win anything yesterday. Apparently Sony did not show much either, so it is the usual X (twitter) “moving goalpost” narrative. If it was announced as an exclusive, they would have posted that it will be as terrible as Redfall.

I’ll be honest, I too am confused by the logistics at play. I’m sure MS would like to show exclusivity and there are some business reasons why they can’t and I’m curious as to what those reasons are. With this being the second time now I suppose we can expect this going forward.

I’m just fascinated by the navigation that Xbox has to do when announcing these sorts of projects.

But one thing’s for sure, it’s not in the scope of this thread.

I don’t think it’s a mistake, I’m sure Xbox would like nothing more than to have the platform announced. Look at the announcement of OD, having the XGS logo out there was pretty impactful. There are clearly some restrictions that are preventing them from doing that.

But again this is probably better tackled in another thread rather than this announcement one. If you’d like to respond you can always quote this post and another thread (like the community thread), it’s one of the great features of this forum.

3 Likes

Social media makes me laugh. So let me get this straight. Since the trailer did not show an Xbox or Game Pass logo, we are to believe that Microsoft is spending millions to:

• Lock up a first party studio (Arkane Lyon) to an IP they do not own
  • Will not be able to use said IP as an exclusive play to move consoles or subscriptions
7 Likes

Nah. Lyon are very consistent with their output. 2025 or 2026 release max. Might see gameplay late next year

Personally, I wish they made it simple by doing little things like uploading the video on the official xbox channel, and just putting a logo to start the clip. However, it’s pretty clear imo that it’s an exclusive because why would Microsoft make a studio they own spend 3-5 years developing a multiplatform licensed game? That just wouldn’t make any sense. Plus, Disney doesn’t seem to care about games being multiplatform because even Nintendo was able to make Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 exclusive and Sony with their Marvel games.

I think issue on my end will always be Microsoft confusing marketing because it’s not hard to do simple things to kill this, but I can see an angle where they didn’t list platforms to get people talking and then will later say “only on xbox, pc, and gamepass”

Its just fanboys getting mad who think worod revolves around playstation

Microsoft should clarify post awards show though.

2 Likes

It is on the official Xbox channel. Also did people suddenly forget how it was eventually confirmed that Indiana Jones was exclusive to Xbox? As recall that didn’t have an Xbox logo on it either and still doesn’t.

1 Like

I don’t see it on xbox channel when i go to video section

I am just saying I know it will be exclusive, but many people aren’t like us that are in tune with video game news, so they might be expecting this to be multiplatform.

1 Like

So assuming there are a bunch of people out there that saw this and we’re like, huh I really want to play that…

I think hearing when it comes out it’s on Xbox is more likely to make them consider getting an Xbox at that point than hearing now it’s on Xbox and deciding to get one years in advance. They’re more likely to just tune it out between now and then if they already know it’s not for them than if they keep being excited by it for a couple years.

They can put the logo on it 4 to 5 years from now when the game is actually about to come out. It’s likely cross platform anyway.

It’s not uploaded to the official Xbox channel, but they do list it under ‘The Game Awards 2023’ section.

7 Likes

Yup. I pointed that out last night before finally getting some sleep. It is there if you go looking for it in The Game Awards section. I’m glad more people have noticed that as well.

1 Like

Makes sense , but I think they should also upload on their own channel, but I think they’ve been doing this with some Bethesda content. I didn’t think it was a big deal until I went on Twitter and I see major xbox accounts like Jez and others questioning the exclusivity of the game, and it made me go “here we go again”. So, it made me think others might be thinking this, but I thought nothing of it because the game is far out and they would later say xbox platforms whent they show it again in 2-3 years. I felt that blade trailer was def a marketing tooll to get devs because it’s most likely Arkane Lyon saying we have a Blade game and come work for us on this exiting project

The reason why it’s absent is because of the FTC bullshit lawsuit. A day before TGA there was a hearing day of the appeal at the Ninth Circuit.

And it doesn’t matter if its from Zenimax, FTC was trying to use Redfall and Starfield as evidence during the preliminary injuction hearings.

6 Likes

Honestly this has zero, zilch, to do with that appeal, it’s completely irrelevant.

It’s a game many years out, with Disney as partners. It’s simply that the deal won’t have platforms worked out yet.

People had been saying Ubisoft has a blade game in dev. Do they also?

Would be pretty silly for Sony to already have Spiderman and Wolverine. Then you got a first party Xbox studio making a 3rd party Marvel IP that hits Playstation, too? Nah, breh… Nah.

I can’t see it.

I really wish a single Xbox announcement could take place without discourse instantly devolving into vapid braindead dipshitery.

14 Likes