Marvel's Avengers |OT| Not Anyone Can Wear the Mask (Wakanda Forever!)

It is hard to tell by now.

As I said before, there are two daily challenges and two weekly challenges for each hero. My challenges as Ms. Marvel are as follow:

Daily 1: Stun 10 robotic enemies (3 points)
Daily 2: Defeat 20 enemies with heavy attacks (3 points)
Weekly 1: Defeat 50 cryogenic enemies (11 points)
Weekly 2: Defeat 50 enemies while enlarged (11 points)

If it keeps this pattern, we are looking at 64 points per week. We need somewhere around 180 points to get all the credits from each card. So we are looking at a little less than 3 weeks of challenges to get all the credits from a card.

Of course, it’s perfectly viable to play and complete challenges with more than one hero each day and unlock enough credits for a post-launch battle pass in a week, for example. But that’s the good thing: the cards don’t expire, so you can do them at your own pace.

1 Like

If you don’t have fun playing the game, then you don’t need to be worrying about the Passes anyway.

After playing all day, I’m sure there is no way this game scores less than 80 on Metacritic. The campaign is incredible!

This might be the first time I’m interested in a game, but will actually show some discipline and hold off until I actually have time to play it to buy it. There being no time limit to complete the battle passes just makes that decision even easier. The good news is, I don’t have to wait too long, only about 10 days past release.

Looking forward to playing this game on Xbox Series X when the time comes.

Well, I played for almost 11 hours and only now I have unlocked the fourth character. I guess it’s fair to say that the campaign is pretty big for a GaaS game.

And there are some epic moments too! Try to stay as spoiler free as you can to get the most of the experience. I am going to bed now but I can’t wait to see what’s next in the story.

My most powerful character so far is Hulk, but that’s just because I got pretty lucky with its gear drops. No legendary gear so far, though. There are some for sale on the outposts, but I need to level up the factions quite a lot before I get access to them.

I updated the OT with the post-launch characters information released on today’s War Table.

Kate Bishop is the first post-launch hero and will be released in late-October. Clint Barton will release in November to complete the Hawkeye two-story arc.

Black Panther was hinted to be revealed today, but the plans were changed after the passing of Chadwick Boseman.

I played all night and am dying at work right now because I can’t wait to go home and play more. This game is fantastic. I did not expect the campaign to be this good.

1 Like

I’m a huge Kate Bishop fan, so this was great news, but I reallyyyyyy hope her and Clint aren’t just clones of each other! Please make them play differently.

I know the feel!

I gotta say I love the AI companions. I’ve got pretty lucky with Black Widow and Hulk’s gear drops, so they have significantly better build than the others. When I play with any of the other heroes, I can see the AI smashing the enemies with those builds!

On a side note, Cap was a let down for me - at least without any upgrades. It relies too much on parrying, and late missions have waaay too many unblockable attacks.

I don’t have Cap yet, that’s a bummer to hear.

Well, I have just finished the game. I clocked in a bit more than 18 hours. It was fantastic, but one little thing let me down:

After seeing Abomination and Taskmaster in the Beta, I was really pumped to see what other villains would be part of the game. But… that was it. The other enemy bosses were all robots. So the last 10 hours of the game was just me fighting robots.

There was a mention to Loki in a side mission, though. And the after-credits scene was Monica as Scientist Supreme. I guess they were saving the villains to help keep up with the post-launch content, but still… only Taskmaster, Abomination and Modok in a 18 hour campaign was disappointing.

Oh, and I died a lot, even playing on normal. Some of the fights are no joke, and I even felt they were unfair at times. But I guess it will get better when I level up my heroes.

And one last thing: the final mission is a big one. Don’t go in expecting a final quick 30 minutes mission before going to bed, or you’ll still be up by 4 AM like I am now lol

Edit: Oh sit, there is more endgame content than I thought there would be at launch. Can’t wait for tomorrow!

If anyone missed the Launch Week War Table and was looking for a recap that goes into a little bit more deeper impressions of what they showcased feel free to check this out!

(PS: I plan on making more Avengers YT content, If its considered spam to post them in this thread let me know, I am going to be playing on Xbox and this is the Marvel’s Avengers OT so I figured it was OK, will stop though if its not! thank you!)

Weird I don’t see any reviews for the game yet. Anyways, hoping best buy delivers my game on time tomorrow, so I can play it for the weekend

Great to know that people are enjoying The Avengers. I won’t be playing it until I get Xbox Series X as I will be buying it digitally and figured that it’s better to wait than to play it on PS4 Pro. Looking forward to playing the game and there will already be two extra characters in the game with Kate Bishop and Hawkeye by the time I start playing. Nice.

Same here mate, looking forward to playing this in November, just need to make sure I avoid any spoilers!!

True. I haven’t looked into the game except for the War Table videos. I should be okay. Even if I get spoiled, I would probably forget what it was by the time November comes around. lol.

I played the first couple of missions on the beta and enjoyed it so glad it’s got some positive feedback.

Nice. I didn’t play the beta since I wasn’t going to play it until November anyway so I figured, why bother? lol.

I beat it last night

1 Like