Marvel's Avengers |OT| Not Anyone Can Wear the Mask (Wakanda Forever!)

Anybody who got the game for free from Verizon with the Rewards thing, Emails are starting to go out. I just got mine a few mins ago. Downloading now, but it’s not gonna be done til about 3am or so, so I’ll have to wait til tmrw to play.

I’m surprised no one is mentioning the achievements are broken. Particularly in reviews for the game it’s kinda annoying but I did just get a 15GB patch this morning so I hope it fixes things.

I never had an issue with achievements popping, started playing Tuesday.

There are some achievements that seem to be broken for me aswell, unfortunately. From the top of my head:

• Odds and Ends - Collect three Artifacts (stuck at 33%)
  • Super Hero Business - Complete 10 assignments (stuck at 10%)
  • Fundamentally Flawless - Defeat 50 enemies with Assault Heroic or Ultimate Heroic abilities (stuck at 2%)
  • A Surprise Every Time - Open 100 strongboxes (stuck at 1%)
  • Wanting for Nothing - Collect 500 gear items (stuck at 0%)
  • Tentative Peace - Complete 15 Villain Sectors (stuck at 0%)
  • Gold Star Success - Complete 100 assignments (stuck at 0%)
  • Treasure Trove - Open 50 Cache strongboxes (stuck at 0%)
  • Honeycomb Hideout - Complete five Hive missions (stuck at 0%)
  • To the Dark and Back Again - Complete 50 Hive missions (stuck at 0%)
  • Information Overload - Collect 50 intelligence files (stuck at 0%)
  • Savior of the People - Rescue 100 AIM prisoners (stuck at 0%)

Could you check if any of those achievements are tracking correctly for you?

I am at 455/1000g for this game when I should be waaay higher.

1 Like

Yeah seems like a lot of achievements are stuck at 0.00% unlocked so it’s effecting everyone though I do have more in the % for each of those than you do so maybe it’s fixed post patch?

1 Like

Even after the patch it’s still kinda not right. Some stuff is tracking now but the secret achievement for finishing the game won’t unlock and the achievement Former Glory for doing the iconic mission chain won’t unlock. The rest are inconsequential since if you play they will eventually unlock but those two specifically I can’t redo without a full restart.

are you guys playing on 4K or performance mode?

I’ve been playing on 4K on my One X. I’ve experienced frame drops only two or three times in around 40 hours of gameplay.

According to Digital Foundry’s analysis of the beta, 4K feels better because the frame rate is almost locked at 30, while performance mode aims at 60 FPS but varies a lot between the 50s and sometimes 40s.

1 Like

As I am mainly playing solo, I have been so far playing a bit with every hero so they could level up and learn skills that the AI companion could use.

After getting everyone to level 17, I decided to power level Hulk so I could advance in the endgame story. I chose Hulk mainly because he is very newbie-friendly thanks to a very simple AoE attack. Here is my build so far:

A new patch went live today fixing the achievements.

The achievement for finishing the game unlocked retroactively for me.

I know the game failed to maintain an interest for people around this forum, but here is one important thing to take note when everyone eventually starts playing: it is a whole different game when you max your level.

Currently the max level is 50, and by reaching max level you have enough points to buy every skill and to choose a path of mastery for each skill. To put things into perspective, when you finish the story you should be only at around level 15.

Now I am rocking a level 50 Thor and holy shit. I have built a build where most of the kills give me enough heroic orbs to keep spamming heroic attacks. It is thunder everywhere on the battlefield, and I can summon the Bifrost at least twice during each fight.

Then there is the buffs from each gear. I currently have a belt that gives me a 8.3% chance of activating a barrier everytime I defeat an enemy, which keeps me protected against every damage up to 20% of my max willpower.

I also have a vest that gives me 200% of willpower when Odin Power is active - which is pretty much always because of my skills mastery. So I am always at double of my HP, protected against most of the attacks and summoning thunder everywhere.

The least I can say is that I am having a blast!

Btw, I already have enough credits to buy the first post-launch battle pass, which is still 40 days away. That is just by playing normally, without farming challenges.

Edit: Right after posting in here I got my first Exotic gear drop!

The 1.3 patch for the game will go live in around 2 hours and addresses over 1,000 issues:

I read that earlier. Over 1000 issues, holy crap!!!

I’m happy that they included a 0-10 scale for motion blur with 0 being off. Fucking hate motion blur. And I think they already have a camera shake 0-10 scale as well so just waiting until November when I pick it up for Series X.

1 Like

The patch has just went live on Xbox: 14.02 GB of fixes lol

My goodness.