Marvel's Avengers |OT| Not Anyone Can Wear the Mask (Wakanda Forever!)

Ok, the second beta weekend is now over. September can’t come soon enough!

There’s been a few new leaks on the last few days, like some alternative skins for Thor and Captain America.

There’s also a datamine/ rumour of 20+ characters on the code that could be coming to the game, including fan-favorites like Falcon, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Scarlet Witch, and some more obscure heroes like Mockingbird.

There’s also mentions to the likes of Ultron and Deathlok. Possible villains?

The beta is now open to everyone, even if you didn’t pre-order. Everyone should give it a try!

I wasn’t expecting to like this, but I gave it a shot on PC and it looked really nice at 60fps. I actually had a lot of fun with it at least on the story missions. I think they should have ditched the loot though and just focused on artifacts with special buffs and debuffs because the loot feels totally meaningless especially with the equip best option. I like Kamala a lot. Her fangirling out comes across as sincere instead of annoying and is a good lens to see the story through.

1 Like

I didn’t realise there’d be an open beta, so I was excited to try it out, but man, it’s just reaffirmed my position to wait until it’s cheap due to the Spider-Man exclusivity.

Pros:

The individual Avengers are great fun to play as, though Ironman can suffer when indoors.

The story missions are good fun, I really hope they take it somewhere cosmic, rather than just on Earth.

I loved the secret bunker in the mission to retrieve Jarvis, where you could see various items of The Avengers. I hope they have more of these.

Cons:

The missions outside of the story are by and large terrible, apart from one of them, they all got a 1-star rating. Some were just too short, made worse by the fact you have to load them all individually. If I decide to go to the Utah Badlands, why not just load up a large area with all the available missions dotted around the map?

Level design in those fluff missions is uninspired, no real visual flair at all.

Enemies are quite boring.

Changing loot should be accompanied by more visual changes.

The tutorial part was fun and the part with Hulk after it was okay too, but I already know this game won’t be for me. In a freaking story mission they had me standing in a circle where I had to fend off enemies until a certain time. It’s the snow mission.

This is the kind of stuff that bores me to tears. And now all I have left are multiplayer missions that are just the usual stuff. I was hoping this would be like the Batman games and Spider-Man, but that doesn’t seem to be the case at all. It’s a bummer because i greatly enjoy the combat.

Crystal Dynamics announced that they will be dropping daily blog posts that outline “everything that we need to know” about the game. Today’s article is about Day One:

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/dayone

Recap of what we already knew:

• A Full-length campaign featuring an original Avengers narrative
  • 6 Heroes, each with 50+ skills to upgrade + gear/outfits to unlock
  • 80+ War Zones/Drop Zones to play with friends or your AI Avengers
  • Regularly updated Priority HARM Challenges & Priority Missions
  • Later game mission types like Hives and Villain Sectors
  • 50+ enemy types to master
  • And in the future, new playable Avengers like Hawkeye, as well as new story content and regions – all at no additional cost

New information:

• The game will have a midnight release on consoles, while the PC servers will open at 9 AM PDT;
  • There is a 18 GB day one patch, which should be already included in the digital versions of the game.

There is also a new War Table stream on September 1st which will supposedly have lots of new information, including an “in-depth look at the first post-launch story season for the Avengers Initiative, and the unveiling of an additional post-launch playable hero”.

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1298296988744597504

I’m really looking forward to this. Only played open beta but enjoyed it. It combines avengers and loot. Basically my ideal. The combat is a little clunky at times and there is sometimes just too much craziness going on. But I’m in on One X and then Series X which I hope irons out the framerate.

1 Like

Today’s blog post tackle of one the community’s concerns: microtransactions.

Here are some highlights:

• Every future playable update – such as new characters, story content, missions, and regions – will be available at no additional cost to players;
  • Content purchasable with real money will be aesthetic-only additions;
  • Cosmetic items come in four different varieties: outfits, emotes, takedowns and nameplates;
  • Vendors are narrative-based store operators that sell cosmetics, gears and rare resources in exchange for units and common resources;
  • The Marketplace exists outside the game’s narrative and features purchasable cosmetics that can be purchased with credits – in-game currency purchased with real money;
  • A 500 credit pack is $5.00. Credits come in packs of 500, 2.000, 5.000 and 10.000, with bonus for bigger packs;
  • Hero Challenge Cards allow players to earn resources, units, credits and cosmetics for completing in-game challenges. Each card has 40 tiers of free and premium rewards;
  • Every premium Hero Challenge Card reward is available for free for all 6 starting heroes. Post-launch characters’ cards will cost 1.000 credits.

TL;DR: Microtransactions are cosmetic only. Every playable update is free, including new characters and regions. You can also earn cosmetics through in-game currency vendors.

1 Like

Avengers will be a digital purchase for me on Series X come November. Looking forward to playing it when the time comes. :slight_smile:

Same here can’t wait!

Me too!!!

We are almost there!

I will try to change my console’s region to New Zealand to see if it unlocks tomorrow for me. It worked for DBZ Kakarot (15 hours earlier!), so fingers crossed!

On another topic, I will link below every daily blog post that Crystal Dynamics posted this week, including information about events!

Anyone know when Pre Load is available on Xbox? Getting close to Tuesday, very pumped.

It should be anytime now. The early access is out in New Zealand in around 14 hours, and players have been able to preload on PlayStation for a while now.

THE GAME IS OUT NOW IF YOU HAVE THE DELUXE EDITION AND CHANGE YOUR CONSOLE REGION TO NEW ZEALAND!!!

Assemble!

When does the embargo for reviewing this game get lifted?

Does this work on PS4? Yeah, the gross Spider-Man bullshit worked on me… I am ashamed.

There is actually no embargo. But since the server were offline until today, there was no way of reviewing the game.

Reviews should be dropping in the next couple of days.

I’m nor really sure, sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Ok, a little follow up to the “battle passes”:

By completing the free challenge card for each main game hero up until level 36, you unlock 1.300 credits. As there are six of them, you can get up to 7.800 credits for free.

Each post-launch hero challenge card will cost 1.000 credits. So, by almost completing the free challenge cards of the main game heroes you can afford 7 post-launch challenge cards! And by completing each of the post-launch challenge cards you will get enough to afford the next, etc.

So it is confirmed that you can get every battle pass in the game without ever spending money!

The question is how much of a grind each will be. Just a feeling, but I would guess it’s more work than fun.