Marvel's Avengers |OT| Not Anyone Can Wear the Mask (Wakanda Forever!)

Yeah, that might be the case. Let’s see this weekend when I check it again on xbox :slight_smile:

Crystal Dynamics has revealed the PC Specs for the game on Steam.

Minimum Specs:

• CPU: i3-4160 or AMD equivalent
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD 270 (min 2GB video ram)
  • DirectX 12
  • 75GB HDD space

Recommended Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.4 Ghz or AMD Ryzen 51600, 3.2 Ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 8GB.
  • DirectX 12
  • 110GB SSD space

The PC version will offer an optional 30GB high-resolution texture pack and will support ultra-wide resolutions as well as multi-monitor configurations. There will also be a fully unlocked framerates to support 144hz gameplay and fully configurable keyboard and mouse controls.

It won’t have Spider-Man, though.

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/pc-specs-steam

Rumor / Datamine

Since the game’s beta hit Steam the whole 1.03 version was datamined.

Along with Hawkeye, five more heroes were datamined by their “Premium Hero Card” info:

* Captain Marvel

* Kate Bishop

* She Hulk

* Peter Parker

* War Machine

Of course nothing is confirmed so far, but I think it would be fair to say those characters will be somewhat playable in the near future. Here are my theories:

Captain Marvel comes before Hawkeye on the datamine, which feeds the theory about her being a seventh secret playable character - specially when we consider that the Krees are mentioned on the achievements for the game.

Kate Bishop comes right after Hawkeye and both have very similar play styles, just like Hulk and She Hulk as well as Iron Man and War Machine. Maybe they are considering something like the clone characters on Smash? I personally think that’s a great idea since we can expect more new characters this way.

Peter Parker is the second-to-last in the list, right before War Machine. So maybe it’s fair to expect that Kate Bishop and She Hulk comes before him? Also, it’s interesting to note that the Hero Card is named Peter Parker, and not Spider-Man. Maybe we can expect other iterations of the Hero in the future (Miles?).

The Marvel’s Avengers beta is up for preload for all PS4 players and for those who have pre-ordered on Xbox or Steam.

The beta should be in your Steam library if you pre-ordered the game on PC.

The beta starts Friday, 9 PM your local time, and goes through Sunday, 9 PM. Last week the Beta went live a few hours early, so keep an eye on it!

Fuck this game for Spider-Man exclusivity on PS4. A really shitty move.

1 Like

I just installed it on steam and noticed there’s a HD pack through the ‘my dlc’ area. It’s an extra 20gb though.

Runs super good on PC for the most part. Anybody playing? Super stoked for the full release.

1 Like

Yeah playing on steam as well, it does look good.

Playing as Thor was quite cool.

Black Widow gameplay makes me want Perfect Dark back even more!

1 Like

Alright, the beta started earlier just like last week! I’m starting it now on Xbox.

Yeah, that’s the high-resolution texture pack. The full game itself + the texture pack will be over 100 GB on PC.

Been playing on a base PS4, the performance is a joke but the game itself is really fun. All the complaints about repetitive combat I don’t see. The mission variety is…not great but imma chalk that up to the beta. I wouldn’t pre order or buy before reviews come out, but the backbone of the game, especially after you unlock skills, is pretty fun. Again performance is awful at points on a base PS4 Soo I would only get this for the one x. That’s my plan, always has been.

Hulk gameplay is great. Graphics look really washed out on One S. Performance fine.

Difficulty Scaling is wonky though. I am hot shit at these types of games (Arkham might as well be Dark Souls) but Hard is way too easy. Brutal is insane except with Hulk where it is easyish. They should probably put something in between or improve the AI, as most of the difficulty increases are just some A-hole taking out 75% of your life with one shot and taking 7 hits to kill instead of 5.

I don’t see myself picking this up on Release, but I could see myself getting it on Black Friday. Idk, I’m gonna play a round with my co-workers and it may be more fun.

This game has massive problems…but I’m just having too much fun to care.

It really nails the characters abilities more than any Marvel game in history. I remember shit like Iron Man using “proton cannon” in MvC2 and getting irritated. That’s not a thing he does! But in this game, EVERY MOVE is from the comics or the movies. It’s an incredible representation of these iconic characters.

Note: I do feel you have to level them up to 4 or 5 because they start to really feel distinct.

I love this game so much, but your mileage will depends ENTIRELY on your love for Marvel. If you’re not a fan, the flaws are much harder to overlook.

I have just finished the HARM Room tutorial and I’ve been having a lot of fun so far. I even upgraded from the Standard Edition to the Deluxe Edition again lol

But I do have some problems. For example: I’m in the chimera running around with Ms. Marvel. How do I manage my other heroes?

I really dig the story and the easter eggs. I loved the guitar Pepper gave to Tony! But I feel the intermissions are too rushed in this beta, and I really hope they cut a few cutscenes to make the beta more “to the point”. Like, we found Jarvis and the next thing we know we are already in a random room in the Chimera - for the first minute or so I thought we would be staying at the archives in the middle of nowhere. And I do remember from the trailers a cutscene where Kamala stares at tbe Chimera from afar.

And I’m dying more than I’m proud to admit. Like in that mission where I had to find the secret SHIELD Bunker and I had to stay around a certain area to track a signal. I kept being frozen to death because I didn’t have the right gear :frowning:

In the beta, it’s a little harder to manage the other heroes. It won’t be in the main game. Turn off matchmaking, and go to the screen to start a mission, then switch characters and go to the character screen. Then do that for every character.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the tip! Yeah, I hope it gets easier in the full game. I don’t seem to go back to the Chimera after a mission on the beta aswell.

Well, I think I had my share. I finished all the HARM challenges and got the special nameplate and I think I’m done for the beta. As my progression will be reset on the main game, I don’t see the reason to keep leveling up and farming for gear for now, and I’m afraid to play too much and get bored when the main game comes out and I have to replay those missions.

I’m really looking forward to the full game. The combat is awesome after you stop button-mashing and start getting all those combos. I recommend playing the HARM rooms to level up and get those skill points, as it will make the combat a lot more fluid. After playing the story missions I was only level 3 with Hulk / Kamala, while after three HARM rooms I went from level 1 to level 8 with Iron Man.

If anyone wants a beta code I got a spare - NAVAJE-566-FOFEYU-009

Needs to redeem at Square Enix and then they give you a steam code.

Anyone with a feedback on a One X ?

Haven’t played it, but I’ve read on XboxEra Discord that the game looks and runs beautifully on One X.

I’m not a tech expert, but the game seems to run smoothly on my One X (resolution mode). It did crash on me once, though.

Thanks guys :wink: