Rumor: new datamine suggests six post-launch characters for Marvel's Avengers (spoilers?)

I posted this on our Marvel’s Avengers OT, but I thought this was also newsworthy.

Since the game’s beta was made available on Steam, the whole 1.03 version was datamined. If you want to remain spoiler-free, please leave the thread now.

There are information about Premium Hero Cards for six different characters:

• Captain Marvel
  • Hawkeye
  • Kate Bishop
  • She Hulk
  • Peter Parker
  • War Machine

Since Hawkeye and Spider-Man were already announced, and since every playable character has a Hero Card, it is fair to assume that the four other datamined characters may become playable sometime in the future.

There are some interesting things to take note:

1. Captain Marvel comes right before Hawkeye, the first post-launch character announced. It feeds the rumour about her being a secret seventh playable character unlocked right after the Reassemble campaign is finished, specially considering the leaked achievements mentioning a “New Girl” an the Kree.
  2. Kate Bishop, She Hulk and War Machine are similar to Hawkeye, Hulk and Iron Man, respectively. Maybe they are considering some “clone characters” like Smash?
  3. The Hero Card for Spider-Man is simply named Peter Parker. Maybe they are expecting to add more Spider-Men in the future also as clone characters? Maybe Miles?
  4. Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Kate Bishop and She Hulk comes right before Spider Man, which is expected to be released on early 2021. Maybe it is also fair to assume those characters will come in the next 4 months?

Please remember that the only post-launch characters confirmed so far are Hawkeye and the PlayStation exclusive Spider-Man, so take everything with a grain of salt.

1 Like

oh I didn’t know about Captain Marvel! That’s instant hype for me!!

1 Like

I hope everyone gets another wallcrawler like Spider Gwen or Miles.

1 Like

These sound like clone characters. I was hoping they’d go with different playing characters like Black Panther, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, an X-Men character, etc.

I think it’s highly likely we will get Black Panther, Dr. Strang and Ant-Man (or maybe Wasp?) somewhere down the line.

I hope they drop at least 4 major characters per year, and fill the gaps with those “less famous” characters that play similiar to the ones we already have. I just hope they are not 100% clones and have new story missions to go along with them. The fact that they have a different Hero Card is already a good sign.

I can’t wait to see what they have in mind for tie-in events with the MCU movies and TV shows!

Can’t wait to pay the same price for less content (Spiderman :-()

I do hope we get those characters though, but it could be a Battlefront situation - sequels with the most wanted characters.

War Machine and She-Hulk deserve better than to just be clones.