MarvelERA Discussion |PHASE 4| Merry Christmas Hawkguy

Will we be fortunate enough to see them kill off Hawkeye?

1 Like

Hawkeye will die so Hawkeye will live.

We stan Hailee.

Also Pizza Dogā€¦

1 Like

LOL

But Brit - there is an element of paranormal with Hawkeye, if they choose to explore that. The circus and their crazy characters are certainly an amazing fit as one of the most underrated villains in the MCU. And Hawkeye was a part of that circus.

Black Widow is now available for purchase on 4k UHD, Blu Ray, DVD and Digitial.

This weekā€™s What If was super dissapointing.

It had such a awesome premise that the ending was such a let down.

It needed to be longer.

Bad Batch is over and What If is just ok so far. This is a slight lull in the TV schedule.

Shang Chi is playing in the theatres but Iā€™ll wait for a Disney Plus release.

I think, Iā€™ll catch up with Picard before Shang Chi, the Eternals and The Wheel of Tkme.

Have you seen the phase 5 video being theorised by various creators, especially Cosmic Wonder?

The Zombie episode of What If could have been extended to a mini-series. The Killmonger and Thor episodes played it too safe, in how they tend to converge back to normal. I wonder if thatā€™s a deliberate point theyā€™re trying to make about peopleā€™s true nature regardless of their circumstances.

I think we need a StarWarsTrek Era too for discussing SW and ST. And possibly other sci fi too.

There is more stuff on the way like The Expanse, the Foundation etc. which can be discussed. I donā€™t have too much faith in the Appleā€™s version of the Foundation series, but letā€™s see.

I dont know where to post this, but Disney might look like WB if the results of this case go the way of the Stan Lee Estate, Ditko Estate and other estates.

Massive IP ownership fight in progress.

Frat Thor > Fat Thor

Finally started with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That was a good first episode!

Itā€™s been a while that I saw the movies and forgot about a few things.

But why is Bucky 100+ years old and still living, or more likeā€¦ how?

Also the blip/snap. Half of human life was gone, right? But due to what happened in Endgame this got reversed. So even though there were all kinds of consequences when the snap happened, crisises and what not, those all got reversed with what transpired in Endgame. Is this right?

I donā€™t think Endgame reversed anything. It brought the people back, but life continued on with the folks that didnā€™t get snapped until they returned. Imagine disappearing for however long.

1 Like

Got ya, thanks!

Another thing. I donā€™t use Disney Plus that much, but from now on Iā€™ll use it more. But thereā€™s a very annoying issue. I start an episode and while my language for subtitles IS selected, they donā€™t work. First I have to choose a different language, which I then see being displayed, then I choose my language and that works then.

But then for the next episode itā€™s the same story over again, wtf?

The most obsessively powerful version of Dr. Strange is also a great guy.

What-If finale.

One more episode of The Falcon to go, gotta say that I enjoyed this. Some good stuff in here but I do feel more could be done with it. But I think S2 could be that.

Donā€™t like that Karli at all though.

one world, one people she saysā€¦ but her blowing up that building with people in it? She lost me there. Also her killing Lemar, nah man. I do like where this thing with Walker is going.

Few weeks until Eternals!

Another big update to the OT coming soon!

Started watching Loki. First episode done, already really enjoying it!

Thereā€™s one question I have though, I probably should have watched The Avengers movies again before watching this butā€¦

So in the pilot we see Loki watching the ā€œvideoā€ of his life, he starts to fast forward it and sees his own death by Thanos. This was in Infinity War, right? And when he was still in Avengers custody, that was 2012, so he went back in time to this new place where Mƶbius also is. So he already knew about his death by Thanos, why did he look so surprised? Or was it more like just a shock reaction?

And like I said, I forgot quite a few things about these movies. In Infinity War he dies, and then we obviously donā€™t see him back. Or do we? I mean they go back in time to save everyone that died because of the blip, but Loki, nor Black Widow are after blip deaths.

Yeah, I really should have watched the movies again, Iā€™m thinking about this whole thing way too hard, lol.

Time Travel in Infinity War spawned variant timelines is my best assumption.

So, are people happy with the Phase 4 so far?

Hate to be a downer but not really a fan. I think theyā€™ve overextended their teams and its had a knock on negative effect.

To be positive, I think if you view things on an individual quality level, they are hitting about as much as they used to. But the problem is that they are missing far more often too and that dillutes the impact of when things hit.

Fwiw, in terms of my thoughts:

Excellent: Spider-Man No Way Home

Very Good: Shang-Chi, Loki

Good: Hawkeye, What If,

Middle of the Road: Black Widow, Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel (so far)

Bad: Moon Knight

Awful: Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Eternals, Thor Love and Thunder