MarvelERA Discussion |PHASE 4| Merry Christmas Hawkguy

Excelsior True Believers! Any decent video game forum needs an offical discussion topic for the current pop culture zeitgiest: The Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Currently, we are the start(ish) of Phase 4 of the MCU.

Phase 4:

Wandvision:

Format: Limited TV Series

Where to Watch: Disney +

All Episodes Now Available.

Get 1 month of Disney+ with Xbox GamePass Ultimate.

Synopsis: After the events of Endgame, Wanda and Vision find themselves in the small town of Westview, New Jersey living out the perfect sitcom life. But nothing is as it seems in this mind-bending first installment of Phase 4.

Ties Into: Spider-Man: Far From Home, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

Falcon and the Winter Soldier

All Episodes Now Available.

Synopsis: After the events of Endgame, Sam “The Falcon” Wilson and Bucky “The Winter Soldier” Barnes find themselves in a world turned upside down as a group of Super Solders threaten to escalate a difficult humanitarian situation into a full scale global crisis. With no Captain America, the world is left wondering… Who will carry the Shield?

Ties Into: Captain America 4, Black Widow

Loki

Episodes All Episodes now streaming.

Synopsis: Picking up where a plot thread in Endgame left off, an alternate version of Loki escapes from Avengers custody in 2012. This branch in the timeline causes this “variant” Loki to be arrested by the TVA and tasked with an nearly impossible task: Capture a far superior and smarter version variant of himself. While burdened with this glorious purpose, Loki will uncover a conspiracy that spans to the end of time itself.

Ties into: Avengers Endgame, Ant-Man The Wasp: Quantumania, Doctor Strange & The Multiverse of Madness, Marvel What If?

Black Widow

Format: Theatrical Film.

Where to Watch: Theaters, Disney + Premier Access (29.99 Rental_

Now Playing.

Synopsis: Set between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War, the first Phase 4 theatrical film tells the untold backstory of Black Widow, the Budapest incident, and introduces us to Black Widow’s adopted younger sister: Yelena, as she struggles to stop a sinister plot from the shadows involving the Red Room, where the Widow program was created. Pursued by the Taskmasker, Natasha and Yelena will need to team-up with their adoptive parents, Soviet Super Soldier Red Guardian and former Black Widow Melina.

Ties into: Captain America: Civil War, Avengers Infinity War, Avengers Endgame, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye

What If?

Episodes 1-5 now available. New Episodes every Wednesday.

Synopsis: Based on the famous “What If?” comic book line, Marvel’s first animated entry into the MCU features new twists and takes on beloved stories and characters in the MCU, such as T’Challa as Starlord, Peggy Carter as Super Solder Captain Carter, and more, as The Watcher explores the multiverse and answers the question: What If?

Features the vocal talents of many MCU stars, including the last performance of Chadwick Bosman as Black Panther/Starlord.

Up Next:

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Format: Theatrical Film.

Where to Watch: Theaters. No plans for Disney+ Premier Access at this time.

Opens September 3rd.

Synopsis: Shang-Chi must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization.

Further Out And OT will be updated as we draw closer:

2021 Disney+ Series:

Ms. Marvel (Late 2021)

Hawkeye (November 24th)

2021 Theatrical Films:

Eternals (November 5th 2021)

Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

4 Likes

Awesome thread. Absolutely love the MCU. My wife and I are planning a double feature tomorrow night after the kids go to sleep of Black Widow and Loki(Episode 5).

2 Likes

Not sure how we want to handle spoilers in here…

Just blur them using the spoiler function I guess?

I used it when discussing what Series and movies tie-in together.

How do you do that. I always use my phone and i never was able to figure it out.

If you end it with [/spoiler] and start it with [spoiler] that should work.

2 Likes

Where writing a reply, you should see alot of options. Click on the little Gear on the far right side of all your text options, then click on blur spoiler.

Also you could just use [spoiler] followed by closing text like this [/spoiler ] just remove the space between the brackets.

1 Like

Who do we think is the big baddie after Loki 5th episode?

My theories -

1. Teaser to Kang as the new villain, and this ties into Antman and the Wasp - Quantum mania
  2. Loki is the villain too. Emperor Loki who has defeated Thanos, has the stones and wants to ensure this timeline persists.

Regarding to spoilers, I think it’s fair to freely discuss every episode that has already aired, while putting recent movie discussions and possible leaks spoiler-tagged? What do you think?

2 Likes

I put my chips on Kang. A variant Loki as the big baddie would be hella disappointing!

I’m more interested on how they are sort of teasing Young Avengers on those TV shows. Eli and Joaquin on Captain America, Wiccan and Speed on Wandavision, and now Kid Loki (not to mention Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop on Hawkeye and America Chavez on Doctor Strange).

With that said, can we expect more of Wiccan, Speed and Kid Loki since they are from other realities/timelines?

Won’t that be in the next installment of Wandavision or Dr. Strange?

So - that means Multiverse of Madness has a good chance of Wanda opening another reality to get to Wiccan and Speed. That could be an invitation for Nightmare to stage an attack.

The other part is that Wanda can be a villain too. They already hinted that she is more powerful than Strange. She could get the kids from a different reality, and then encounter Strange as she is on her way to retrieve them.

I think it’s Kang but I like your emperor Loki theory. I feel like the perfect fit for this show is for Loki to also be the bad guy lol.

@brunopcosta1 I definitely think we will see more of Wiccan and Speed. I definitely feel like they are going for a young avengers/champions line up.

@ProgStopper love the new avatar

2 Likes

I’m starting Black Widow now.

Edit: That opening with Smells Like Teen Spirit was :fire:

Quick thoughts on Black Widow:

Great action sequences. I loved that it happens right after the Sokovia Accords instead of being an origin story. Taskmaster was very forgettable. General Ross was just there? Florence Pugh was AMAZING.

Regarding post-credits scene:

So Val has recruited both Yelena and US Agent. Secret Invasion series is known to be coming. Is she building MCU’s version of Thunderbolts? Dark Avengers? They are setting the foundation for so much stuff that I can’t wait to see what Phase 4 has in its sleeves!

This was really disappointing. I fear that the stand alone movies are just a means to fast forward to the crossover movies at this point.

Florence Pugh is a fantastic addition to the MCU though, hope they utilize her better than they did ScarJo.

I’m not really big into the whole MCU thing after getting burned out by the time Covil War came out. My wife and I love going to the theater though…well, she loves popcorn and fountain soda…anyway, we went to see Black Widow (OV) in 3D yesterday afternoon. I liked it fine. No clue about the “lore” or continuation of the universe or whatever, but it was a fun return to the theaters flick. We wanted to go see Fast & Furious whatever number, but I guess it’s not out here until next week?

Taskmaster being underutilised sounds so disappointing. Amazing villain. Probably, best utlized in Spiderman.

Will watch the movie once it appears on Disney Plus.

Yea it was. I really like that cover.

As for the movie itself I thought it was good not great. The biggest problem with the movie is that the overall plot just isn’t great. It’s so thin and straightforward. I expected a little more for a spy movie. The action scenes are great and Natasha had plenty of bad ass moments. I really loved Yelena and Alexie. I hope we see a lot more of them. I thought they where hilarious throughout the movie. I do feel like Taskmaster and Alexie where both pretty under used. It was pretty cool that I could always tell who Taskmaster was fighting like though.

They are definitely setting up some form of the Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts. Why would they want Clint dead though?

Reminder:

Please mark all spoilers for Loki Episode 6 when the episode drops.

1 Like

Holy shit that finale

2 Likes

holy shit indeed

1 Like