MarvelERA Discussion |PHASE 4| Merry Christmas Hawkguy

no . Phase 4 reminds me of Naruto filler arcs .

1 Like

What a perfect way of describing current MCU :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I lost any interest tbh. Do we know who will be the main villain yet?

1 Like

Bob Chapek .

2 Likes

Lol, I seeā€¦

1 Like

I loved the not so subtle jingle.

Donā€™t want to spoil anything but if you know, you know.

Ms marvel ?

1 Like

I honestly had really different reactions :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t see the new Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Thor, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel

Watched a little of What If, was ok, but not really my thing.

Absolutely loved: Loki, Hawkeye, Wandavision, Falcon & ShangChi

Black Widow was good, but not as good as it should have / could have been.

Eternals - I think I liked this more than most people did.

3 Likes

At this point I think Iā€™m growing a bit bored of the typical Marvel formulaic series or movies, so Iā€™m enjoying the off the beaten path more. So my enjoyment is probably flipped from the common Marvel fan now. I am enjoying Ms Marvel now, absolutely loved Moon Knight and Loki, found some exceptionally great scenes in Hawkeye (it pains me to admit that), enjoyed the quirky bits of Wandavision and quite appreciated Eternals.

2 Likes

Yeah, I almost liked the stuff that Iā€™ve seen more because itā€™s NOT the same old Marvel - itā€™s got more time for some character growth / story stuff. I like that a Marvel movie (well, probably more a show than a movie in most cases) can be a ton of different genres to some extent, itā€™s made me more interested in whatā€™s going on.

My wife & I just rewatched Hawkeye on Saturday as kinda a ā€œChristmas in Julyā€ thing which is funny because we totally arenā€™t into that - and I really did appreciate a lot of the writing, little asides that are thrown in there.