LG OLED C9 for Xbox Series X

Ahhh ok, I always thought Arthur had a CX but I guess he has a C9.

Hopefully the VRR issues get fixed somehow because man these TVs are absolutely gorgeous.

Oh this is odd.

Yesterday it said there was a new update. But I feel asleep on the couch and since auto update is not on nothing happened.

Now I want to update but it says there is no update. Version is 04.80.03 here. I recall something with a 5 yesterday.

Click the update button a few times and it kicks in

Not here. Been clicking it for almost ten minutes now, seriously. Sometimes it takes longer and it seems it will find the update but nope. Guess I’m gonna be doing this manually. But later, first it’s game time.

1 Like

Here it is

No issues with changing modes whatsoever!

2 Likes

Thanks mate will try when I get home from work…my xbox has been delivered :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Can you set the xbox to 120fps and leave it…you don’t have to keep changing it for 60fps games? Does it change automatically for you ?

The console will always run at 120 Hz if setup that way. 60 fps just syncs every 2 120Hz frames. No problems.

1 Like

That’s awesome man. So this tv is as future proof as it gets really!

Tomorrow I’m gonna install the firmware update manually because it just doesn’t appear when I search for updates.

For the rest of the evening it’s XSX time!

Here is something very useful from @EvilBoris. Hope it is still free for the future :wink:

1 Like

Did you guys get “no signal” errors too when “allow variable refresh rate” is enabled, 120hz select in the Xbox settings?

I had this enabled while playing AC Valhalla and I switched to the Xbox settings to check something but as soon as I made that switch I got a black screen and it said “no signal”., this happened three times. I then disabled VRR and no issues since.

This is a unfortunate error because VRR helps greatly in AC Valhalla.

Is anybodys picture weird when ya switch between hdr and instant game response…the message keeps popping up its really annoying and the screen goes black and white flash before it changes in and out of hdr

Mine is ok

But fully updated to latest firmware?

No issues so far but I also do not own Valhalla.

Gears 5 supports VRR too. Will take a look.

Yeah

Played ori at 120 4k . . Looks unbelievable

I do have to mention that I didn’t update the firmware yet because I can’t seem to get it any longer. On another forum I was told that LG called the firmware back, so I’m not sure if I should manually do it.

It’s great, but personally I didn’t notice that much difference between 60fps and 120fps. But I do see a crystal clear visual difference between 6K supersampled and 4k,oh my.

The difference between 30fps and 60fps is super easily noticeable for me, but maybe that’s the max. I will have to check Gears 5 because I expect I’ll notice it much more there.

@Staffy

You must be able to find the firmware version 05.00.3 on the LG support website for your model in your country. It is important that you only use firmware versions that are offered in your country.

You always can download from there on an USB stick (please read instructions on the LG site what format the USB stick has to have) and install from that USB stick on your TV.

(at least it was the case in the past)

This circumvents the need for waiting it will offered to you for download on your TV.

Edit: Just checked, on the german support site the firmware is offered for download since end of october.

1 Like