LG OLED C9 for Xbox Series X

I’ve been looking for a CX for a long time, but the price is a bit off the charts where I live. The Samsung Q80T has been on sale for quite some times in here.

Is the Q80T much inferior when compared to the CX?

C9 owners heads up:

Just got a firmware update for my C9. Updated from 04.80.3 to 05.00.3. The update seem to contain fixes for VRR issues with RTX 30xx GPUs. Xbox also recommends to install the latest firmware update.

2 Likes

Yep same here I’ve just checked…05.00.03 …UK here…Will this enable 4k at 120 fps with VRR i wonder

1 Like

I always want to be extra careful with firmware updates because I didn’t forget the B6. HDR game mode was fine and then they brought a firmware update which made HDR game mode way too dim. They never fixed it.

But…I’m gonna take the chance. It probably was a one time only thing (mistake) by LG anyway. But it sounds like this is the fix for the VRR gamma issue that Vincent Teoh spoke.

Its fine Just checked lol

1 Like

Haha, can never be too careful my friend.

What amazing timing if this actually fixes the VRR gamma issue, not that I think I had problems with it. But I’ve not played many games lately with VRR.

1 Like

Its no coincidence its the night before console launch :rofl:

1 Like

I had a B6 too but managed to stay on the last “good” firmware. Blocked all update addresses on my router so the TV couldn’t update at all.

1 Like

So wait, even if you have the option for auto update disabled, it can technically still update?

IDK. But IIRC there was a firmware update that was obligatory .My TV was setup to non-automatic and still got the notifications there is a new firmware available. After disabling the servers no notification again ever again.

Though, since I have the C9 the server block is disabled now. All firmware updates so far were absolutely fine.

he’s deleted the tweet now which is strange but he said 4k 120 with VRR was just a black screen with latest firmware update …120 4k worked fine …4k 60 with VRR worked fine

Update…

So it’s fixed after all fir him? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah he left tv turned off overnight and now its working…they seem to think it was some cache problem

1 Like

Hey,

I purchased a CX the other day and just wondering how I upgrade the firmware to the one released today?

I’m in the UK. :slight_smile:

I wonder what issue he had with Dirt 5. Probably the gamma thing.

I don’t think the CX needs the update