Leak: Xbox Series Controller (Robot White), supports Series X|S, Windows 10, Android, and iOS

I’d say it won’t be confusing to me. I just think to something like the Wii and Wii U having similar names and while this is a bit different, having 2 S models might not be the best.

I agree, I just wonder if there is any issues having 2 different S models? It would make sense to rebrand the One S just the Xbox One, if there isn’t multiple versions of the Xbox One anymore, it doesn’t make sense for that 1 model to be an S branded console.

1 Like

Would make sense. Or make a distinct packaging

The problem with wii was that it still used the same name.

Wii → wii u sounds more like a addition

Xbox one → one s → one x addition still the same system

One s → series s is different and not the same the “series” makes the difference and the “s” is just the indication whatto expect in terms of price and power.

I fully believe they hold on this method in the gen after like:

Sector s/x

1 Like

Yea with the Wii u people thought it was just the gamepad you were buying which was an addition to the Wii but that wasn’t the case. Xbox serie x and s wont have this problem since the one x is discontinued and the xbox one s will probably drop the s and just be xbox one

This makes sense.

Either way, I’m excited to see what this things looks like and how aggressively MS prices it. The longer MS hold out, the more chance of leaks so we won’t be waiting too long.

Minor changes as expected, looks really nice. Why change what isn’t broken?

Don’t think that will happen. The One X and SAD edition are the ones that are discontinued. The One X presumably so it doesn’t compete in price to the Series S. They will then have 3 tiers of console: One S, Series S and Series X, which are all clearly distinct.

1 Like

Regardless of leaks until they are ready to talk price there is really nothing to talk about for the series S. We all know it’s coming and what it will do but its catering to the casual gamer and parents. The only thing they care about is price so until sony shows their hand I think Microsoft will keep waiting. Sony is market leader so really they cant wait much longer as they know millions want to preorder their console

I like how they do it.

Series X|S

Looks sleek modern and distinct.

Lol, if you have a PS4, just do it like me and use your DualShock 4 exclusively for xCloud. Since Sony doesn’t seem keen on supporting it, I won’t really use it for PS5, but I’ll sure use it as my spare “would go to trash otherwise” controller for cloud gaming on the go :sunglasses:

I don’t have a PS4, but I did just end up buying a 2nd Xbox controller, so now I have a dedicated Xbox controller and another I use my laptop/phone. I still have the hassle of unpairing and pairing when I switch between laptop and phone but that is much less frequent.

Plus, I hate the Dualshock ha.

Entirely possible, too.

This actually happened, but maybe you’re right too, eventually. They’re not gonna produce the One S indefinitely, maybe for 2 more years, I guess?

You also notice how hard it is to find a one s. I think they are holding stock so they can rebrand it to just Xbox One

I’m betting on them discontinuing the 1S right after officially announcing the XSS.

I have a hard time imagining how it makes business sense to keep a production line on a totally different node open. It wont take a year before producing the XSS will be actually cheaper.

Do we think that they’ll add this pad to the custom lab as soon as it goes live? I really wanna have a custom one ready for the XSX.

I know the Xbox One X is already discontinued. I’m just not sure about the Xbox One S, yet. Either they continue to sell it unter that name, get rid of the remaining units and discontinue, too or they might rebrand it slightly. That’s what I’m talking about.

The Series S will be the replacement in the middle ground. Expected similar performance as the One X but much cheaper to produce and with the latest technology for CPU and GPU.

For me, it made complete sense that MS discontinued the One X and the One S All Digital, seeing as the Series S is supposed to be discless and at the same time a bit more powerful than the One X, while being in the same range of price.