Leak: Xbox Series Controller (Robot White), supports Series X|S, Windows 10, Android, and iOS

@XcloudTimdog Alerted me to this on Twitter.

This is currently the closest thing we have to a confirmation of the Series S (I believe). She’s looks pretty in white!

There’s also mention of iOS on there… what do you guys reckon?

9 Likes

Fascinating stuff!

Don’t expect Lockhart to look anything like the cute “GameCube-esque” renders you’ve seen around though. It’s likely to be more traditional from a design perspective.

7 Likes

That controller looks really good. Xbox One controller is supported in IOS so I’m assuming this just mean the Xbox Series X/S controller is also supported.

2 Likes

I’ll probably be getting an S for my son. White would be good.

It’s USB C did we know this? Also is that a switch at the pairing button. Would be good if you could have it setup for more than one device and quickly switch between them. Box mentions easily pair and switch devices.

1 Like

It BEGINS.

1 Like

Trying to track the original source of the image is already hell lol

Edit: Oh, nvm. The image I was trying to backtrack was the one leaked on a party last month.

2 Likes

I mean… Lockhart is the worst secret in gaming. It’s almost as bad as Aaron denying the Fable twitter account weeks before they revealed the game. They just need to come out and show us the Lockhart at this point.

2 Likes

Oh it’s happening!

1 Like

1 Like

I know it is Series S, but it’d be funny if it was Series XS, reads like “excess”.

On the side of the box it says:

Compatible with series X/S

4 Likes

Couple things to note here

1. If these have final retail packaging out there in the world, that means they might launch sooner than we think (perhaps they plan to phase out the current Xbox Wireless Controller before the Series Xbox launch?)

2. iOS support doesn’t mean Xcloud for iOS, Xbox controllers (and Dualshocks) are supported in iOS and tvOS and Apple sells Xbox controllers in Apple Stores. iOS support doesn’t suggest anything beyond the current parigdaim.

2 Likes

Thread title changed.

1 Like

I just thought of something else. Do you guys think this makes it more likely we get the controller packed in, or excluded from Series S? I’m split.

Thanks

Edit:

More pics from @tomwarren (same angles) Link

1 Like

Judging by the condition of the box, looks like someone did a grab and dash. :laughing:

4 Likes

They seem to have all the ducks in a row for completely hard cutting the one generation as soon as possible

Early October launch is back on the menu I think

1 Like

Nice, name seems like it’ll be what everyone expected. Controller remains the best.

2 Likes

Robot white. Love the name.

2 Likes

Yes, it has been said by the insider hmqgg back in January that the console is flat.

1 Like

I wonder when the official announce will be. Tired of the cat and mouse between MS and Sony.

1 Like