Leak: Xbox Series Controller (Robot White), supports Series X|S, Windows 10, Android, and iOS

Wow that is one fine looking controller, also love those white bumpers and triggers. I will definitely be picking up one of those. I am guessing just black and white for launch…

Seems like it’s a switch, IIRC they said the controller can now sync to multiple devices, the switch might be for that.

2 Likes

Could XSS be white? o.0

Gray

1 Like

Not a fan of the black buttons/sticks/dpad against the white

Would look waaaaay nice either all white or with grey sticks and the like. Recreate the original 360 controller

This looks somehow even more comfortable than the current controller.

That’s one sexy controller. Would be interested to see the same thing but with black bumper and trigger buttons.

Wonder when we’ll be able to Design Lab our own Series controller.

So it’s Series S then. Interesting.

I cannot wait for it! Ever since it was rumored I knew this was made for me. A cheap entry to the Xbox eco system while still next gen (CPU, SSD) and combined with gamepass a cheap option to hundreds of games and access to an ever-growing first party stable. Not to mention that I have many 360 games in my backlog I didn’t finish and many of them are BC and they will play better than ever before.

I figure they’re just gonna use the leftover shells of Xbox One consoles to save a lot of money, that way it could be cheaper?

Vry fresh. Hope to get one before November. Cant wait to do the fighting game stress test.

I like it, the top buttons have more of a Nintendo pro controller look. More on the squishy side than the clackety clack feel of the xb1. I could be wrong.

Finally, it’s been what like two years since the lockhart codename and the rumored existence of a lower cost device surfaced? Nice to have it officially 100% confirmed.

It also is a bit weird considering that the Xbox One S is going to continue to be sold, having 2 S consoles might be a bit confusing for some people?

I suspect that the Xbox One S will simply be rebranded Xbox One (as the X and the OG have been discontinued), then we’ll have a Series S and Series X.

Controller looks nice, not a big fan of white controllers though so looking to see some of the grey/blue/red variants of the controller.

This is the answer they have talked about the new controllers having profiles to swap between console, pc and mobile

1 Like

Exactly. Either the Xbox One S will be discontinued, too or they just make a new model as just Xbox One and get rid of all the remaining units.

But it’s not really confusing. Just like you have an iPhone 4S and 5S

Series is the new console

Fuck yes. This will be HUGE for my friends.

This would be awesome. One of the issues I currently have is switching a controller between devices is a pain, especially switching between my laptop, Xbox and phone, having a switch will make this so much easier.

I never got this discussion around “confusion” Series X/S is widely known marketing strategy.

X means most powerful most expensive

S means less powerful but also less expensive

Especially casuals are used to these terms from the phone market. Each company sets its own standards. But one thing is always in common it doesn’t matter which phone the name alone will tell you what you can expect.

2 Likes