Kojima and Xbox have signed a letter of intent - Grubb

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1410674366254178304?s=19

11 Likes

Just let him go full Kojima! Fuck my shit up!

1 Like

Yeah, people are getting a bit too hung up on the whole “cloud” thing. The truth of the matter is that you can call the games you mentioned “cloud games” because they rely on external servers to play.

On foot. In real time!

1 Like

Could you imagine playing a Kojima horror game and the villain in the game that terrifies you tells you he’s gonna call you and just as he rings you…your mobile phone in real life starts to ring from the game and you hear the villain from the game speak to you. Honestly that would scar me for life. I would smash my phone to bits right then and there and probably won’t be able to fall asleep for days. The cloud possibilities are endless.

3 Likes

If that happens bruh

1 Like

When I hear cloud game I immediately think of MP, but that’s not necessarily the case at all. As you mentioned Flight Simulator, are there any other games right now?

So I guess it can still be a SP thing, like DS is too. And I wonder if that rumor from Reddit is his next game, it was earlier this year and things like mecha were mentioned. But if there’s no pitch yet, it sounds like there is just no game yet, lol.

1 Like

Cloud could be used for asynchronous multiplayer, like how in Death Stranding you could build structures that would appear in other players’ worlds, but at a much larger scale if the whole game is built around that.

1 Like

6 Likes

20210701_174421

8 Likes

Geoff is that you?

1 Like

hey looks cool a game like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cloud could literally mean anything in this instance:

• To multiplayer
  • To streaming assets ala Flight Sim
  • To using it for AI.
  • To never needing updates because it’s updated server side.

Cloud could be whatever Kojima wants it to be.

It could easily be a single player game that does alot of stuff online.

3 Likes

begins

1 Like

from the same creators of the: Abandoned X Kojima…

/s

Yes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Has a change.org petition ever worked for gaming?

1 Like

Hell yeah. I’m all in for whatever this is going to be.

2 Likes

Lmao some of them are literally like “I’m so disappointed… Xbox isn’t allowed to have exclusives…” How do you even reach this point?

6 Likes

By having egos and loved making fun of Xbox for having a lack of first party exclusives but when they do have them they get all salty

1 Like