Kojima and Xbox have signed a letter of intent - Grubb

He has an open check to do whatever he wants and leave his legacy. Dont think silent hills will be here lol.

Supermassive did that with their Dark Pictures series or whatever right? Has anybody tried those? I like Until Dawn.

He wants to make Silent Hills.

Yeah. I quite liked the first one. Need to play the 2n done still. They are real solid for games with low intensity gameplay.

1 Like

What could be cloudish about a game?

1. Like flight simā€¦ unlimited assest data can be used for a game. Storage is not a limitation any more.

2. Expandable memory ā€¦ No limitations on in game memory budget

3. Scalable CPUs and GPUs ā€¦ more horse power just in the other server rack

4. Biggest could be rapid game development time. With no particular hardware limitations like in consoleā€¦ no optimisation time required and game can look as good as the first thought of the designer

2 Likes

My money is on it getting announce at The Game Awards.

3 Likes

That and Compulsionā€™s game. Microsoft seems to show their more ā€œartisticā€ games there. Also, nice profile picture.

Seeing lots of ā€œconcernā€ over this being an ā€œXcloud exclusiveā€ that canā€™t be played on the consoleā€¦ which is not a real thing that exists, so.

6 Likes

Since this leaked, the propaganda machine has been at full capacity:

1 - Itā€™ll be a small episodic game (why tho?)

2 - Itā€™ll only be played via streaming (why tho?)

3 - Itā€™s a side project for Kojima Productions, most of the studio is working on the Directorā€™s Cut of Death Stranding (why tho?)

4 Likes

Nah, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll probably be a romantic comedy instead. :smirk:

Edit: also, while Iā€™m completely kidding here, I actually would be super curious how someone who normally does horror stuff would apply their ability in making something like a romantic comedy. Could end up being quite interesting :blush: And Iā€™m probably the only one here who would be interested in that!

1 Like

This is seems to be far out haha

Not sure a cloud based game means exactly this. Itā€™s possible to use Azure as a server for a world shared between players.

1 Like

I think SheepDip is implying that those concerns are made in bad faith (and theyā€™re probably right!)

6 Likes

Heā€™s gonna use the cloud to make an open world game with the entire globe as a map. Like Flight Simulator but at a ground level. Well, not the entire planet, but maybe the US or something.

2 Likes

Liked for both the general statement and the usage of my man Moss :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may not be a huge fan of everything that he does, but giving a wild creator the keys to Xbox funding and tech is pretty exciting to the possibilities for a cool potential game. And a deal with him would also help to gain traction with some Asian developers and even gamers possibly too as a side benefit for the Xbox platform.

5 Likes

How is that different than any other game that exists now though? Like an MMO.

1 Like

So like sea of thieves ā€¦ or eso ā€¦ or fallout 76 ā€¦

Iā€™m not game dev, so Iā€™m just guessing here. A game like Sea of Thieves renders assets in the consoles and uses the server as a mediator. Using the cloud is more like the world being stateful 24/7 into the cloud servers and rendering via packages into the console when itā€™s needed, something like games used to do when loading stuff from CDs to memory in a PS1, for example.

Curious to how Grubb knows everything. Iā€™m thinking the chain of communication is

Kojima > Keighly > Grubb

2 Likes
1 Like