Kojima and Xbox have signed a letter of intent - Grubb

They’re crying even in the BlueBox/Abandoned subreddit. Discrediting Jeff while creating conspiracy theories about Abandoned being a Kojima game. Like, dude. Do you really want a Kojima game or just a high budget exclusive for your preferred plastic box to brag about? Rhetorical question, ofc.

1 Like

In the same vein go and cry about Bloober a proven dev possibly making a Silent Hill instead of the renowed “blue box”.

2 Likes

You see how much Sony has ruined gaming space last gen when fanboys and journous instantly jumps on nonsensical rumours like the Abandoned one and acts indifferently towards substantiated ones lile the Grubb one. They didn’t simply want to win, they wanted to destroy competition and it has started to backfire, because they have made toxic the gaming space and within a toxic space, you can become the villain if you don’t “win” every time.

6 Likes

I think I’ve figured out the whole cloud thing.

Kojima will use AI in the cloud to spontaneously generate the game’s incomprehensible plot and dialog. This will not only give every gamer a unique story, but will save the 15 minutes the writers would have spent coming up with the plot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Obviously, I am still bitter about some of the MGS plotlines…)

In all seriousness, I have no idea what he will do, but can’t wait to find out.

3 Likes

This is possible since Microsoft owns commercial license for OpenAI GPT3. I think they are using that model for Github’s Copilot feature already.

4 Likes

Grubb’s podcast will be live later today… more Kojima and Dead Space talk.

Edit :

This sounds basically like what Ken Levine has been working on since… checks watch… 2013.

It’s okay, I didn’t want a new Ken Levine BioShock anyway… runs away crying

1 Like

Until a game is announced I won’t believe a thing. Too many rumors about everything these days.

kojo

6 Likes

Here we go!

Looking forward to what kojima will bring to gamepass.

Ironically death stranding would of been a v.good gamepass game.

1 Like

Ok, but a series of articles from respectable journalist/website, not personal tweets, are much bigger and substantial elements than resetera/reddit/twitter conspiracy, don’t you agree?

8 Likes

I hope I’m online the day this game is officially revealed.

4 Likes

That isn’t propaganda. We know Kojima was super interested in creating a horror game that was cloud-based. We also know he pitched it to Stadia right before they opted to kill their 1P focus. We have a good idea that one of the Silent Hill games being made is an episodic horror anthology game (since that was part of the same rumor pinning Bloober to the IP). It doesn’t make the project ‘small’ tho. No clue where you heard claims the studio is working on DS Director’s Cut (which is certainly not true).

It’s called “relativizing”. It’s a great way to manage frustration, anxiety and fear.

The funny thing is that they could just say that they’d play it on PC or borrow an Xbox from a friend just for this one game, but they can’t even say that. It would be aknowledging that Xbox has a game they want to play.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem, since it’s a well documented fact that all PlayStation fans have beast PCs to play Microsoft exclusives on. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Pretty sure Kojima Productions is working on the Director’s Cut of Death Stranding which should release in November. Then next year Kojima will be working on the Xbox cloud game.

Yeah, I don’t know why people always have to find something against Xbox. There is no point now. Xbox is back, GP is killing it, deal with it.

And if it’s not Xbox, it’s the media that turned on Sony, supposedly for clicks, like if there was no issues in the first place with their treatments of indies, BS policies and price gouging.

Seriously, I’m really happy with how Xbox just nailed E3 this year. There’s just so much games I’m waiting for that I forget a new Perfect Dark is being made. So from now on, I think I will just focus on the positives and play games.

Back on topic, Kojima could do whatever game he wants. I’ll probably try it, but if that’s not for me, like that PT demo (not sorry), that’s fine. :man_shrugging:

In a way, I can understand why PS fans feel betrayed. They thought Sony would fund any game he wanted to make or buy his studio even, but the guy as always been independant in his mind.

2 Likes

Sony practically did everything for Kojima except acquire him and the return they got was a game that didn’t sell incredibly well and recieved a low 80s MC score. I get from their perspective why they’re not working with him on future games but PS fans are probably upset he’s going elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Death Stranding development and reception irks Sony a bit.

And really, it could have been worse. Imagine if Google have announced this partnership and the game exclusive to Stadia…

I really think that Xbox is the right fit for his game, whatever cloud stuff he has in mind.

Now we wait for the announcement. Kojima and Xbox is still crazy to me…

3 Likes

I remember reading that Some Sony Studios were annoyed at the treatment Kojima had seemed to get in the buildup to release.

1 Like