JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Yeah the backlog is huge. Would provide pretty consistent JRPG releases for the service for a while, and the Atelier games are freaking expensive even on sale (which has me shocked still that Koei Tecmo are the ones who ended up being the first JP publisher to do a day 1 AAA GP release, because believe me, they HATE discounts) so it could definitely work in attracting JRPG fans to the service.

3 Likes

So… nearing the end of my play through of Scarlet Nexus as Yuito. Is it really necessary to play again with Kasane?

My backlog is telling me no.

3 Likes

I would say no, unless you want to get some more lore and see things through Kasane’s pespective over the events of the game.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good time to get started on Soul Hackers 2 lol

3 Likes

if there is any jrpg game well a game that is like a jrpg inspiraton genshin impact should someday in the future come to xbox ecosystem

I lost interest in the story pretty quick. Didn’t care to do the other playthrough. I think it’s mostly the same, only the cutscenes are different.

Unironically, instead of bundling a 5000 yen credit with every Series S like they just started doing, they would be flying off the shelves and there would be fights over them if every Series S came with some sort of Genshin Impact material.

Pizza hut tried to do a Genshin collab…

And this is how Shibuya looks:

I wonder if Sony really does have this game locked down, because they still talk about the Switch version. You’d think Sony would make that pretty hush hush.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think that a collab like that should be the case it’s just a app on ur console to play the game or something

It sounds pretty good. Better than I thought.

2 Likes

Anyone play the star ocean divine force demo? Its out now but i had to go to new zealand to download it.

Game is ok but something seriously wrong with interface and text. Its blurry and ridiculously small. Seems ti be xbox issue only not on ps5.

Yeah so im seriously reconsidering even getting this game now. Not sure what SE are playing at if the launch xbox version has the issues it has.

Game itself is ok but the combat is a step down for me. I dont like how quick your attack bar diminishes, kind of kills the pace of the combat and gets annoying. Its like you have to pause everytime to go on another combo, wasnt this annoying in other SO games

Game overall lacks severe polish in all assets compared to a tales of arise.

And they need to fix the menu text size. Im probably going to skip buying this at launch. Ill be too busy with P5 anyway.

Yeah I never had hopes for Star Ocean. Was never on my list.

Anyway, I just reached the boat in Xenoblade 3 and this part is just making me smile lol. Not too often you see vehicles in JRPGs nowadays.

1 Like

Cool seeing the effort they’re putting into the remaster. They’re really cementing me getting this day one!

3 Likes

Konami’s redemption arc is coming?

According to this, you can also play with the original graphics, still in widescreen even, too.

https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1572598881762021376

3 Likes

Spreadsheet??? Nice!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone here played the Valkyrie Elysium demo on PS4/PS5? If so, how is it? I will be playing the demo next week once I wrap up Steel Rising but it seems to be a good game based on videos and impressions that I have watched and read.

Cant wait.

1 Like

I haven’t played it either but the impressions I see are “wait for sale”. I have a thing for budget/“janky” ARPGs so I’ll probably get on PC in a sale in a year’s time or so

1 Like

For a series this niche, the sales are pretty good… They are higher than Disgaea or Atelier. On the other hand, this just shows that this would be SO MUCH HIGHER if the series wasn’t so mishandled… Trails in the Sky still not being available on any modern console, Falcom not taking the Switch seriously until only last year (Trails games were 2-3 years late on Switch, but now they are saying they want to start getting their games onto Switch day 1 asap), and the worst part, the Western releases of the games STILL taking 2-3 years to release from their JP release (that’s longer than it actually takes to develop these)

2 Likes

Hell yeah! When I was considering going back to Xbox for this gen, I drafted a huge list of all my games, since I would love to consolidate everything into one (non-PC) box. And since I realized I had gone mostly digital after a point, I figured I’d make that conversion too. Excel is the best MS exclusive :grin:

On that note, it’s a really shitty move of Atlus to not even support save transfers for the PS4 → PS5 version of P5R. I’d assume that there might be some Sony issues at play, but they’re also charging full price with no upgrade options. And in comparison…

I think it might be one purchase for Xbox, PC, and even eventually mobile licenses, with Smart Delivery and cloud saves. If I didn’t know any better (but I do) I’d say they were trying to drive people towards Xbox with this lopsided effort. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the cross-buy cross-save thing, and it should be the default.

Have no fear, I ordered an Odin Lite and am preparing to set up my Trails dumps on it. Me going out of my way to accomplish this guarantees that they’ll do official releases on modern consoles just to spite me. Same thing happened when I bought all the Mass Effect games and DLC before they announced the Legendary Edition :sweat_smile:

1 Like