JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Practically unthinkable just one year ago. Imagine what we’ll be downloading in September 2023.

3 Likes

I’m gonna update the OPs now, but first: 2 weeks to Kuro no Kiseki II JP release!!!

The OP video just dropped a few days ago. I’m too unbelievably hyped. I liked Kuro 1 quite a lot, much more than the Cold Steel saga. Really fixed up the writing and went shockingly dark and unexpected in good ways, and since Kuro 2 will be raising the stakes in typical Trails fashion… Jeez, I really think this will be a top tier Trails game.

1 Like

No theories are necessary. The game sold like shit on Xbox and the sequel was not approved. It’s called Business. SE have looked at the interest in the game and thought ‘fuck that noise’ for the sequel.

Square-Enix didnt get the memo that Gamepass increases game sales.

I can’t unsee it either. Now I’ll ruin the picture for everyone else too lol.

3 Likes

Octopath is a bang average game anyway. Lvie a live is 10 times better.

And the game wasnt going to sell well on ps either. 60 bucks for a what should be a 40 dollar gsme at best. Its also 2 years old.

The sequel will most likely get approved later.

Pretty sure ms paid for the 30 dollar cheap port octopath would have cost and then some.

The development cost for an xbox port would be so cheap that a brand new entry would sell 10x better than the original…a 2 year old overpriced game that was already on gamepass

Its not business. Its favoritism and being inside sonys rear.

You cannot use sales argument for what is a very low budget switch game.

Let’s goooooooooo !!!

2 Likes

The return of the king!

Please come to Xbox…

Coming to Xbox !!!

13 Likes

YES!

Square Enix can go fly a kite, we’re actually getting the low key best JRPG series ever! Top tier TGS for Xbox

7 Likes

I am so glad I put off playing Suikoden for years. Gonna play them on Xbox for the first time.

Also this is exactly what I predicted. A combo pack of 1 and 2, and it would be on Xbox. I had a small feeling they would be PS exclusive like Castlevania Requiem because of using Sony emulators, but I am very glad to see that is not the case.

5 Likes

If this isn’t a tease for a soon announcement then damn NISA really is on my shitlist.

Great news. I had the originals but never played them and eventually had to sell them off. Will feel great updating my Physical PS → Digital Xbox spreadsheet :grin:

SuIKODEN 2 on xbox???

SUIKODEN FUCKING 2 on XBOX??? Holy FUCKING SHIT°!!!

I think the impossible is now possible

well Konami revisiting the series seemed impossible to happen given their current state in the gaming industri (beside mobile). really wish capcom also doing the same thing with their own rpg ip. yes once upon a time the RE maker published a bunch of rpg games. wowzer…

It’s not quite the 360 era just yet, but what an amazing turn around for MS

A Breath of Fire HD Remaster Collection on Xbox would break me. Sadly I feel like Capcom have bigger fish to fry.

1 Like

I looked up and apparently it’s the same. Find all the landmarks and locations, apparently campsites too?

It worked for me when I tried it with Eryth Sea. Thank goodness because that area is huge as hell.

Gust being asked about Xbox support again: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key interview: Junzo Hosoi on Ryza's latest adventure | RPG Site

They’ve said more or less the same answer twice before. This time the head of the studio says he loves Master Chief :joy:

I have all my Atelier games on Switch so I’ll get Ryza 3 for it for completion’s sake. Will gladly buy them on Xbox if they ever come of course.

They are clearly asking for a paycheck.

Yeah Phil should just cut the check already. Shouldn’t be too difficult to port. There’s the Arland, Dusk and Mysterious trilogies already being sold on other platforms. Put the Ryza games as a trilogy and then there’s Lulua and Sophie 2. Scatter the releases out a la Yakuza and there we go.