JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

I’m really enjoying the demo, but I’m having a hard time justifying the price for full game. I’ll probably end up caving. Can you confirm if achievements pop when you load up the full game and load your demo save?

All achievements unlock retroactively yeah.

There’s about 40-50 hours of content here so I’m satisfied. So far I completed the first region besides the level 38+ battles.

1 Like

Anyone else playing Unicorn Overlord and having an issue where the game won’t recognize controller inputs after quick resume. I’m also connecting over remote play so that may also be impacting it. I just started experiencing this after purchasing the full game, but that might be a coincidence.

It must be the remote play. This is one of the extremely rare times I’m actually using quick resume and it’s working fine.

:sob: my Unicorn Overlord save data is gone. I had the same quick resume issue I’ve been having so I killed the app and restarted and it just gave me an option for a new game. I restarted again and it asked me to load my demo data. I wasn’t really far in, but this is annoying.

I never use quick resume. Never felt the need to

This isn’t really a quick resume problem, it was just the reason I had to restart. I’d been saving regularly, but for some reason my save data was missing or corrupted. :sob:

Just a word of warning to those playing Unicorn Overlord. It looks like the save data loss is not an issue isolated to me. I posted on the sub reddit and it looks like at least a few other people on Xbox have also encountered it.

[Bug?] Save Data Loss : UnicornOverlord (reddit.com)

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT!

I just had the save demo dissappear…

Tried to reset and nothing.

But then it randomly worked…Basically my save came back when I started the game and the xbox went “syncing data”.

NOt sure what the hell happened

I tried out the Unicorn Overlord demo. Was fun, but Christ I am sick and tired of the same old Kingdom of Blatheria and Prince American Preppy Kid, big tits Lady scholar/religious sidekick, etc etc etc. Every genre has its staples and clichés but lord do they put me off when I’m not entrenched in them.

1 Like

Newest to my collection. VGP had IW for $50 CAD (it was $70 in the Steam sale), couldn’t pass that up!

And an opportunity to expand my Vanillaware collection a little more. Geez, the last time my PS4 was powered on was here:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1772759210939596878?t=AfuzPjzEDNSNUgWq2Hzvnw&s=19

This sucks. But I hope that means future remakes of these games.

Tales fan morale seems low lol. No sign of a new game and Arise is mixed as is with the fans (despite critic score), the DLC was considered unnecessary, just something that exists, Symphonia Remastered was straight yikes, and presently there’s like 0 effort to actually preserve the games in the series.

Symphonia remaster was a criminal offence.

But a beseria xbox port would be nice or better yet a xillia double pack but i odnt trust bamco

1 Like

It was basically the PC port. Wouldn’t call a lazy port criminal offence lol. Especially when you have broken ports like Batman PC and GTA San Andreas.

1 Like

By gaming terms thats criminal. Batman PC was just a shitty job a it launched alongside the other versions

SA still ran the same as original just looked worse in some aspects

ToS runs better on the Gamecube. PC version can be modded.

Chaging 40 bucks for a console port like that is a pure scam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/s/EAU4wraPtf

Euiyuden Chronicles AMA in 3 days.

Achievement list for the game.

1 Like

I bought a smt v back in January it’s been stuck in my backlog not sure if it worth doing a playthrough now or wait until smt v vengeance comes out on xbox in june

1 Like

Did the same late last year and then I just stopped playing when I found out it would be coming to Xbox… figured I’d rather play with better performance and the extra content for my first go round.

1 Like

I bought SMT V on release, but soon stopped playing it due to the performance being abysmal.

Personally I’m going to buy the Xbox version.

1 Like