JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

I would LOVE 13 sentinals on xbox

4 Likes

Same , I was always curious about that one, but I doubt u less Xbox pays for a port with a gamepass deal we see it :frowning:

Honestly, am more hopeful with Sega releasing game for gamepass than other publishers. But we will see.

In any case, Unicorn Overlord. When it goes on sale later this year. Am for sure buying it. Its addicting in the best way possible. Vanilaware killed it with this one after playing the demo.

1 Like

OMG. Let’s gooooooo

7 Likes

Any details on it yet?

Still the dumb filter version of G1… Grandia 2 is a solid port though.

And speaking of Grandia 2, isn’t that one of the few @Shpeshal_Nick approved JRPGs? Time to get him in this thread :joy:

1 Like

And it’s the Switch port with the dumb filter like @saintsflow20 mentioned. Better than nothing.

IT’S HERE IT’S HERE!

Dunno if anyone else here got started on it yet but I’ve been patiently waiting for this!

The outer box is so nice and solid feeling.

This slides out from the cover art casing. This closes and opens with a magnetic hatch/lid!

First thing you are presented with is the game, and with this version you get the DLC included with the digital deluxe version.

Next is a 2 disc soundtrack. I wasn’t aware it was actually a 16-bit version, cool!

Now the artbook. It’s VERY thick, and yes there is pages dedicated to the food in the game lol.

Now I guess this is the main draw to this version, the card game.

There’s an actual rulebook and also another sheet with a little manga strip on it to explain in a fun way. Apparently Youtube exists in the world of Unicorn Overlord.

Here’s everything else, that little knapsack has some game pieces in it. Don’t really feel like hauling it all out right now but it seems fun enough!

The demo entranced me, I can finally dig into the full thing!

14 Likes

Yeah Grandia 2 on Dreamcast was great

1 Like

I think there should be an update in regards to whats coming for Xbox towards Jrpg in general.

Regardless if its coming to gamepass or not.

Am hopeful we got some more this year. But i do wonder which franchise or games that Xbox would try to bring.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I mean we got Shin Megami with potentially other games from the series coming while we get the newest Mana game. So what else?

Am hoping to god that both Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood get recognized by the majority of players, honestly i hope one or both get the gamepass treatment.

JRPGs in 2024:

Already Released:

FFXIV Beta out now. World Server I chose was Crystal (North America) —> Coeurl (NA)

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Persona 3 Reload

Unicorn Overlord - Vanillaware’s 1st Xbox game! Woo!

Upcoming Release Dates:

Final Fantasy XIV - March 21

Dragon’s Dogma 2 - March 22

Grandia HD Collection - March 26 just announced!

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - April 23

Sandland - April 26 (Action-RPG based on an anime, I’ll count it) RIP Akira Toriyama

Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters - May 21

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance - June 21

Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis/The Answer - September (Included as a Perk with Game Pass Ultimate)

No Date Yet: NH = Northern Hemisphere for seasons

Octopath Traveler II - Spring (NH) [My personal most anticipated!]

Visions of Mana - Summer (NH)

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail - Summer

Metaphor: ReFantazio - Fall (NH)

R-Type Tactics I & II Cosmos - Fall (NH)

Suikoden I & II HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars - TBD It was dated for last year, got delayed so I expect it 2024.

Sword Art Online: Fractured Daydream - TBD just 2024

WiZmans World Re:Try - TBD 2024

Blue Protocol - TBD 2024

Got this form reddit few days ago. Looks like western JRPGs are missing.

5 Likes

I just have to say this…

Unicorn overlord is an absolute must buy on xbox. Vanillawares first game on xbox and its a banger of a game

5 Likes

Sega / Atlus killing me with the back to back to back releases.

1 Like

Im fine with that. Gives me more gsmes to play during droughts and if it wasnt for atlus my xbox would have just been collecting dust outside of the few times i play tekken on it

Hope it leads to other Vanillaware games arriving to Xbox, regardless if gamepass is involved.

1 Like

I was hoping for 13 sentinals I just doubt it gets ported at this point :frowning:

At this point theyd have to be GP deals to be worth the time and money for Atlus. A gamepass release for Dragons Crown and Odin sphere would be awesome.

In other news…looks like something we already assumed is or likely to happen. Persona 6 Multiplat releasing on Xbox.

https://twitter.com/SpawnWaveMedia/status/1768813254149538151?t=KrLM2w5_P5OUfMenrcq_eA&s=19

2 Likes

I mean, i don’t think there was any doubt this would occur, especially with the relationship between Atlus and Xbox now a days. In fact i would not be surprise if Xbox gains the markening rights for the game in the future.

That would be something else in my opinion that i think can work well.

Sea of Stars is one of the most overrated games I’ve played in a long time. Game is gorgeous, soundtrack is good, but the writing is horrible.

Both MCs have only two things in their head. Being a Solstice Warrior and their best friend Garl. And all playable characters have zero character development.

From the must play western indie jrpg list I would put it on the last place behind Crosscode, Chained Echoes and Bug Fables.

Btw people compare it to Chrono Trigger. I would recommend Radiant Historia over Sea of Stars.

1 Like