JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Can’t fuckin wait. We should get a lengthy trailer at this years June press event

Brave of you to assume the game won’t already be out by then…

After being told it is planned to be a multi game series my excitement went up. Hope Eiyuden Hundred Heroes ends on a cliffhanger and everything :smiling_imp: I need more Kiseki-likes :sweat_smile:

If they want to shadow drop the game within the next three months then by all means.

Spring 2023 has been the official release date for a while now, so it wouldn’t exactly be a shadow drop. We’ll see.

It’s definitely my most hyped new JRPG on any platform this year, by far

It’s up there for me as well. But FF16 is just looking too good. June 22nd can’t come soon enough

Will wait and see on that one, least of all because Steam is probably my only realistic way of playing it (in er…a year? :sweat_smile: )

Honestly, the standard of mainline FF games hasn’t been great since the PS2 generation, but cautiously optimistic this might be a turning point.

Got Octopath 2

7 Likes

Kinda sucks that Octopath 2 isn’t on Xbox

2 Likes

Ghostwire Tokyo will soon be dropping on gamepass I guess. Looks like a first person jujutsu kaisen game

3 Likes

Anyone play FE Engage yet? I’m curious how it holds up against Three Houses.

I’ve got one other thing I picked up, but I’m not gonna actually have time to play the game right now lol

NIS’s new DRPG, Labyrinth of Galleria. This is a sequel to “Labyrinth of Refrain” but is essentially a standalone game. I don’t know why it says “For Hybrid Device” instead of Nintendo Switch, but thankfully that’s just a part of the outer wrapping of this box lol.

The artwork alone is honestly what sold me on this LE, but this is also a pretty hefty box, so let’s open it up and see what we got.

A barrage of things!

We’ll start with the main attraction which is of course the game. If this is anything like Labyrinth of Refrain, the story will deal with extremely heavy subject matter, so note the M Rating…

This is… a deck of cards! What kind of cards you ask? We’ll get to that soon.

Next is the soundtrack, a staple of any LE. I very much like when you get a jewel case for these, rather than a download code or a CD slip.

Now this is just awesome. A VERY high quality hardcover artbook. The first page warns that there are spoilers in here, so let’s just peek at one of the first few pages

Some artwork of the game’s protaganist, Eureka de Soleil.

Next up is… something? Let’s unwrap it and see.

This is a playing mat for the deck of cards included with this LE. They made an original game with dozens of cards to lay down and rules to play. Check out some of the cards here:

So that’s that for this LE. The Switch version of this is now sold out on NISA’s online shop so I’m happy I picked it up. This was the first NIS LE I ever bought and it’s a great one. Unfortunately, as I said, I’m too knee deep in other games to play this one at the moment, so I’ll have to put it on the shelf for now. I will get to it eventually though, lol.

4 Likes

I have a feeling it will drop on gamepass before the end of the year. Im not jumping to play it after hearing its structured like the first game.

Read in a preview today that FF16 “channels God of War and The Witcher 3.” Eh. When I want to play those games I’ll play them. Still a huge FF fan and I’ll get it eventually but I can’t say that 16 is hitting all the right notes for me.

https://gamingbolt.com/japanese-developers-shouldnt-try-to-imitate-western-games-says-square-enix-president-yosuke-matsuda

Aged like milk.

1 Like

This is Yoshi-P’ explanation on what happened to turn-based… CoD and GTA were mentioned :rofl:

Don’t really like the “this is a JRPG for MEN” kinda vibes to be honest. In fact it sounds like they don’t like the “JRPG” moniker.

NO FUN ALLOWED:

1 Like

Tales of Arise managed this kinda stuff. Why is it impossible for FF16 ?

They are really aiming for COD and GTA players for a Final Fantasy game. Dead Space 3 and Resident Evil 6 say hello from the grave.

Edit: after reading some Previews people are actually hyped for this game. Looks like going for God of War/ Witcher 3 style game was the right move for a larger audience.

Yeah the “general audience” is definitely very hyped for it but it does seem like the “core JRPG fanbase” has been left behind lol. Final Fantasy can get away with it being as big as it is. Hope other series’ or JRPG devs don’t try to trend chase it too much though, will not work out as well IMO.

FF16 better be good and sell well or thats curtains for the franchise. ITs make or break

Hopefully we’ll see what the excusivity deal is with that game. I’m certain FF7 remake will never come to xbox but i’ve always been adament FF16 has a chance.

By the looks of previews a flop would be surprise. People are hyped for this Witcher 3/God of War clone. And even if this game is a flop, Sony is ready to moneyhat their next big game.