JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Really cool! And bless furigana and Jisho, an awesome tag team.

Tales of symphonia is Capped at 30fps

Hahahaha. Get the fuck out of here namco. The original GC version ran 60 during battle.

Thats 50 bucks saved.

They had to port the PS2 version. 30 FPS sucks, but I will still buy it when itā€™s on sale.

Yeah like I said when it was announced, itā€™s a Z-team port (Itā€™s a Bandai Namco Entertainment Romania portā€¦ no offense to this team, theyā€™re probably not exactly big or very funded though), so the barest of minimums was expected.

I dont care. Its supposed to be a remaster. How can you not upgrade the fps?

Im not buying this ever until this gets patched. This is scandelous.

The bare minimum would be the exact same game with higher internal res and unlocked fps.

Itā€™s not that easy. This is what happens if you try to unlock the FPS on the PC version.

Iā€™m sure it could be fixed with Bandai holding the source code, but again, itā€™s a quick and dirty port from a small underfunded Bandai team.

Which is why im never playing this. Even if it was on gamepass. I wouldnt touch it.

Iā€™ll agree that itā€™s very overpriced. $55 CAD when itā€™s $20 on Steam. Very cashgrabby for the effort.

Itā€™s definitely poor from Bamco, but I feel obliged to support this (and Iā€™ve owned the GC version from launch) as I want to see more content like this on Xbox.

Also a remaster of Abyss, please and thank you

1 Like

I expect an Abyss remaster would have quite a bit more effort put into it. Thereā€™s no PC version to do a quick and dirty port of to consoles so theyā€™d actually need a more proper team to handle it. And then with that, the holy trinity of Symphonia - Abyss - Vesperia would be complete.

I expect it wonā€™t be long till the price comes down anyway. At least thereā€™s a physical which tends to come down faster than digital does.

This video made my partnerā€™s day, thanks for the link :laughing:

Buy the struggling tri ace and remake this. Keep the dinner part in.

Reminds me of the ministry of silly walks.

Question about Persona 5. The following isnā€™t a story spoiler, just a question about progression.

Do story beats only happen on specific days? If I finish a palace early do I still need to wait until the deadline before the story continues?

1 Like

Basically, yes. Finishing a palace early, ideally in one trip, is advantageous because you can use the rest of the days until the deadline on confidants and social stats - but the story wonā€™t progress until deadline date regardless.

This is the case in Persona 3 and Persona 4 as wellā€¦whichā€¦canā€™t get here soon enough. I refuse to start another game while I wait.

1 Like

Pretty impressive showing for an anime game, much less one in an unusual genre. A demo came out for it yesterday, with progress carrying over to the main game I believe. Iā€™ll give it a shot later today.

Waiting for a sale, if not Game Pass.

I do love One Piece and wasnā€™t put off by the demo, like some apparently are, but it kinda falls down the priority list compared to Persona 4 Golden - a game I literally shelved an NG+ playthrough on Vita nearly two years ago to wait for an Xbox port (after Nick started hinting it would happen)

1 Like

I dont have time but will definitely buy at some point

Anyone have thoughts, hype (hope?), etc for Fotspoken? The demo felt incredibly rough for me. Iā€™m hoping it turns out well but wasnā€™t particularly feeling it. Should I be excited? Why or why not? And please no drive by SE hate, I donā€™t care that itā€™s a SE game and not on Xbox.

1 Like