JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Do you guys think there’s a chance that persona 5 strikers comes to xbox if p5r does well?

1 Like

Yes!! Microsoft will add it to gamepass

1 Like

Ys IX is on Fucking Stadia but not Xbox…well won’t be for long when Stadia huts down lol

As for Persona 5 Strikers on Xbox…i mean this game came out for switch and PC. They could probably easily do an Xbox port from the PC version very quickly and put it onto Gamepass. Same with Persona Arena Ultimax. Probably sometime next year.

Seriously the Persona hype is getting real now. Just something truly special about this game and the fact that its hitting Xbox(and PC/Switch). A JRPG this good from a 3rd party should never be exclusive.

1 Like

I do hope Persona 5 Strikers is coming. I kinda dropped it on the second palace on PC when P5R was announced for Xbox.

I was also finding the game kind of boring though, wasn’t liking the combat. Villains and writing seemed noticeably worse too.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I started playing Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception very recently

This series is really more of a Visual Novel than a JRPG, BUT, since there are battles, party members, leveling up, etc, I do count it (and the next title coming soon is an actual JRPG).

So far, I’m enjoying the world and characters waaay more than in the previous title, Prelude to the Fallen, which I did think was a pretty good (but not great) game (there’s a lot of incredible moments in it once you reach the second half though). This game’s heroine, Kuon, is infinitely more interesting and cool than almost every character from Prelude (especially that game’s heroine, Eruru. She was so bland).

Haku is also a pretty fun protagonist so far and I’m really enjoying his interactions with Kuon. He’s nowhere near as powerful as everyone else in this world but does his best. Kuon teases and is playful about it but is supportive and does her best to find uses for him.

The combat and music all seem pretty much recycled from Prelude so far, that’s fine. It plays like a pretty easy but flashy SRPG. It’s satisfying to hit things and has a “Lost Odyssey” like “ring QTE” when you attack.

There seems to be some minor connections to Prelude so far. I know this game’s sequel, Mask of Truth, is a much more direct sequel (and I hear is many people’s favorite VN of all time, can’t wait to play it eventually)

I’m sure everyone’s busy with Persona 5. I do plan to play it on Xbox, I never played the Royal version before. Just gotta find it within me to play 130 hour game lol. This game is only about 25-30 hours so it’s a lot more digestible (and that I haven’t played it before)

4 Likes

Heads up

Hearing from a lot of users that the Series X version of Stsr ocean stull runs like ass and much worse than thr ps5 version

Wasnt planning to buy this at launch as i cancelled my pre order but this sucks. Way to go SE.

4 Likes

The best JRPG ever (and it’s equally awesome prequel) coming to Xbox with a physical release too? What a time to be alive.

4 Likes

My apologies, but you seemed to have mistakenly left out the Xenogears image and replaced it with a different, but still very good, RPG. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::wink:

2 Likes

Gears is a great game, no doubt.

Suikoden 2 is better though :smirk:

1 Like

Lies! Dirty lies! :rofl:

It’s been so long since I’ve played Suikoden that I am very much looking forward to getting back in to them!

But Xenogears, even as the 3/4 of the game it was, still reigns supreme in my RPG nostalgia grey matter box. I soooo want that game to be “finished”, remastered, and re-released. And maybe Skies of Arcadia, too, so I have an excuse to call in to work dead for two months. :drooling_face:

Oh man, Skies of Arcadia, that’s definitely top of my remake/remaster/rerelease/reanything list. With based SEGA behind it, I wouldn’t have to worry about an Xbox release either. Fantastic game.

1 Like

Xenogears is a game that stuck to my thoughts even years after finishing it. It’s a top 10 game for me.

I’ll definitely pick that Suikoden physical up, if it’s for real. Surprised it’d be getting a proper release and not Limited Run Games, but this is a very high effort remaster so it does make more sense.

Kuon my beloved :heartbeat: :sweat_smile:

Still quite the slow-burn so far. Only a handful of battles happened at the moment and they were pretty short and easy. The first game had this pretty long and epic segment after the initial couple hours, nothing like that here yet. Still, I’m enjoying the characters a lot more than in the first game and there’s some interesting stuff being teased, like Haku’s back story and connections to the first game seem to keep being hinted at. Frankly I just can’t wait to get to the next game, Mask of Truth, because of how highly regarded it is. Still, I’m patient, and enjoy the slow-burn slice of life stuff I’m getting right now.

Strikers would be a piss easy port at this point. I mean they could port the pc version to xbox. Slap it on gamepass and viola. I think it will happen early next year

Honest question for you all: Which Jrpg franchise to you think Xbox is aiming to bring to the platform for the first time? I know that there is a demand by fans for the Mana series but what about the others ones? Is there other predominant series that were also included in fan demands?

Judging by relations with Bandai Namco, Cyberconnect2, Sega, Spike Chunsoft and Koei tecmo, i would say the possibilities are endless in that category. Although i do think the likes of .Hack, Sakura Wars and Atelier would be interesting. But i would be shocked to see something like yo kai watch series coming to xbox and day one on game pass.

If Nick ends up being correct, they’re working on bringing over stuff from NISA, and I’m praying it’s Trails and Ys. I assume Disgaea might come with those too because Disgaea is the “face” of NISA. I see Trails and Ys get demanded for a fair amount.

The 2017 .hack game from PS/PC was ported to Switch earlier this year. Sadly when Bamco does a late port from PS to Switch, they don’t bring it to Xbox as well. There’s a Digimon game they recently announced for Switch that’s a late port from PS, and it isn’t also coming to Xbox. However I think another .hack collection has been rumored, and that should be coming to Xbox as it wouldn’t be a late port.

Sakura Wars is probably staying exclusive to PS4 forever. It flopped and was not even ported to PC. I really wanna play it on Xbox but I’m not counting on it.

Atelier is number 3 on my wishlist behind Trails and Ys and I hope it’s happening.

3 Likes

Playing Persona again is so refreshing and made me realize that Soul Hackers 2 is one of the weaker entries of the Atlus RPG games.

Wondering when I should commit to persona as it’s such a time sink. I doubt I would complete it before Pokemon comes out.

It’s up to you, of course, but it’s one of the best games ever and it’s right there on Game Pass. I don’t see why Pokémon can’t wait.

3 Likes