JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Is the Xbox version not supporting game streaming or Xcloud?

It has cloud support but that isnā€™t comparable in some scenarios. Like if they want to play during a subway commute and have no service :slightly_frowning_face:

Your subways do not have wifi? Not trying to sound rude just not I am curious as any I tried to ride provide a free wifi that normally gets you the 10-15 mpbs you would need

Doesnā€™t 5G cover the bandwidth as well?

Iā€™m not a huge mobile gaming fan (even the undocked switch) so Iā€™m not overly versed in the services mobility.

Iā€™ll probably buy on Xbox just to show there is a market for these games for future releases.

Scott Tijerina, a member of Geofront, the translation team behind Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure, has sadly passed away from sudden illness.

Iā€™m in complete shock. To say the Trails community has lost a valuable member is an understatement

I donā€™t know if this is appropriate, but this may have been the cause. He started tweeting about how sick he was getting following this tweet.

Regardless of how it happened, itā€™s moments like this, where you really feel the reality of how fragile life can beā€¦

Thank you, Scott. The Trails community will never be the same.

3 Likes

Finally beat it last night, still have an hour or two of grinding for the final achievement.

I really loved the core gameplay loop in Diofield. It was nice that most missions were under 10 minutes. They have a timer to complete most in under 6 minutes, but it does pause the timer anytime you are ordering troops around.

I felt the RTS like controls worked really well. It was decent fun planning out and moving around enemies to setup better area attacks against them.

The game went out of its way to not waste your time either. Even though your base it tiny, you can easily warp around it and also have a run option.

The big big big downside was the story. It felt like SE had their recently hired interns right the story. It was edgy just for edgy sake at a lot of points and had lots of eye-rolly plot twists. Even the ending qualifies.

Overall if you want some interesting gameplay would recommend giving it a shot. Itā€™s a pretty quick romp.

I hope SE makes a sequel with better writers.

3 Likes

Where are people getting these early? Iā€™ve seen 3 people now who got the Xbox steelbook early.

Thats how I plan to play 50% of this game. IF youā€™re taking on commuteā€¦thats another issue

Iā€™m not. I can play it at working during long hours of inactivity and also at home when TV is being used by other people.

1 Like

It seems Amazonā€™s been shipping them super early.

Fuck. They do this now but for other games they delay it.

Meh. I did pre order the Steelbook from Gamestop. I had 20 bucks off anyway.

Iā€™m playing it on Gamepass but if I was buying another console version or the game awasnt gamepass day 1 iā€™d be pissed because Gamestop are shit at delivering on time. Especially from my own experience.

Iā€™m really happy Playstationā€™s been marketing this. Looks like dumb fun and Iā€™m all for it.

• ARPG
  • Takaya Kuroda (Kiryu Kazuma) as Oda Nobunaga
  • Also on Switch and Steam
  • YURI !!!

This other trailer, itā€™s long, but itā€™s one of the funniest Iā€™ve ever seen lol

I recently beat Xenoblade III. Quick impressions - good game overall, didnā€™t enjoy the tail end too much and the big bad is silly. The game amazes me though, i canā€™t believe this is a Switch game as itā€™s huge and the world is so awesome to explore.

Iā€™ve been playing Trails from Zero now, and after Cold Steel IV this is a breath of fresh air for me. CSIV is the definition of a slog, Zero feels like what the Trails series should always be. Love the characters, the nods to other gamesā€¦lovely.

Man, this is another reason why I canā€™t wait for Kuro no Kiseki to be localized. That game felt close to Zero to me. The characters are so much better than the wet blankets in Cold Steel (Canā€™t even begin to describe how much better Van is than Rean as the protagonist), the villains are actually memorable, and characters in the story actually die and you feel consequences.

Trails into Reverie is also a half-step into this too. Because of the way the story is presented (you have 3 different character stories, you select a chapter and then play a brief-ish story segment, and then return to the chapter select screen), there is not much ā€œfillerā€ and the gameā€™s main story is essentially short and sweet.

I feel like I see a lot of people say they feel done with the series after CSIV, and Iā€™m like ā€œNoooo wait! It gets better! They make up for Cold Steel!ā€

I have to admit, I was very hesitant to play CSIV after CSIII, and even to some degree CSII. I figured that deep, I should see it through but I canā€™t say the time was worth it at all. I hope they take feedback from these past few entries and get back to their roots so-to-speak, but I have my doubts. Regardless, as an old school leaning JRPG fan Iā€™m in a good spot with Eiyuden Chronicle AND the remaster of my favorite JRPG Suikoden II.

I saw someone post on another site that they werenā€™t watching footage of P5 Royal on Switch because they wanted to ā€œgo in blind.ā€ Like man this game came out on PS3. :rofl:

I know people play old games, just thought that was funny

I mean they might not have seen any P5 footage

Its such a long game though Iā€™ve played bits of P5 for 6 years and Iā€™m spoiler safe. Iā€™ve never gotten past the 3rd dungeon. I cannot wait to restart this experience on my XSX

1 Like

I bought Persona 5 day 1 on PS4 in 2017 and hardly knew anything about the series lol. I just saw a couple screenshots and thought it looked like a really cool JRPG to play. Went in completely blind (as in, I had no idea what this game/series was even about) and it was amazing.

1 Like

As weird as it is and as much as I follow and play games.

I havenā€™t seen almost anything on persona and sense it was announced I have avoided any videos outside that initial trailer. The way people talk about it I wanted to go in blind

NISA is kicking off a ā€œFalcom weekā€ with announcements.

Not much for me to get excited about. Played them all already including the games theyā€™re still working on localizing. If only this was finally where the ā€œXbox + NISAā€ rumor would kick inā€¦

1 Like