JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Combat is the best aspect of Valkyrie Elysium. There’s a good amount of depth to it and I have only used the default weapon which is now maxed out level wise. There’s multiple weapons in the game. Looking like an 8.0/10 game overall for me. Definitely check it out if you can when it releases on Steam.

Dev jail!

Got some mail.

You might even know what it is already…

Let’s get right into it then!

Let’s see what’s under there…

I see the buried treasure :laughing:

All dug out! Now let’s find out what this

One last peek before getting into it!

Oh? Hello, Agnes!

Yep, it’s finally here. My package for Kuro no Kiseki II IS FINALLY HERE!!! This package came with a LOT! Because this is my first time doing this in the JRPG OT, I’m gonna show you all everything this came with! First off was the Agnes Claudel acrylic stand. Very lovely looking!

Next we have this clear file featuring some of the playable ladies of Kuro 2. Nadia Rayne, Agnes Claudel, and my favorite character in Trails, Renne!

Flip it over and we get a wonderful surprise, solo artwork of Renne

Next up we’ve got this really high quality wall scroll with some amazing artwork on it. Let’s unravel it and see

Renne and Agnes looking absolutely gorgeous! Damn!

There is also an acrylic stand of this art too!

But okay, okay… There must be a game in here somewhere right!?

BOOM! There it is. Even more goodies await inside that box, let’s check em out!

First thing inside is a code for DLC that grants you access to use music from Trails in the Sky! Still my favorite Trails saga! I covered the code with some change laying around lmao

Next up is the first kinda disappointing thing…

That’s right, soundtrack…mini! There are only a handful of tracks here. Why not all of them?

But whatever, let’s move on.

This is a cloth map of the Republic of Calvard, where Kuro no Kiseki takes place. Let’s see it unraveled!

Really nice, and high quality!

Next up is another really exciting thing for me

A Trails calendar featuring not just artwork for Kuro, but artwork from all the past sagas as well!

It starts in Oct 2022 and goes through Sept 2023. We start with wonderful classic Sky artwork. I won’t show EVERY page, but let’s at least see what my birth month is.

Ah, Picnic Squad from Hajimari no Kiseki. There’s actually a spoiler on this image. I’ve covered it with some change lol.

Okay, okay, we only have one thing left to see now. The biggest part. The main attraction. I’m of course talking about…

THE GAME! The follow up to Kuro no Kiseki, which I felt really mended some writing failures and mistakes of the Cold Steel series. I loved Kuro 1 and I am ungodly excited to jump into this!!!

Inside, we actually do have a full color manual. It’s only a couple pages, but it’s appreciated!

Let’s see everything laid out now:

And just for one last thing, let’s see the box next to the Limited Edition for Kuro no Kiseki 1.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hope it will be available on sale in Europe.

1 Like

I’m playing Xeno 3 occasionally. I’m having a lot of fun but Man…It really pushes the argument of why Nintendo need to announce a new console.

There was another Xseed physical game announced today too, but it isn’t for Xbox

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1578498701315612672

(It’s not on Xbox because this isn’t a Marvelous game, it’s developed by FuRyu who made some budget JRPGs on 3DS like The Alliance Alive).

I heard this game’s pretty alright from people who played the JP release. Something to try if you want to feel taken back to the 3DS era. Some Secret of Mana and Xenoblade talent worked on this.

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s sooner than expected, nice. Probably good they are early in the year too with how much content is coming to game pass in those first 6 months.

Three months to decide on Chie vs. Naoto.

I’m a little surprised they’re not staggering them.

Hardly need three seconds to make that choice!

I hope they’re priced decently. I would hope that P4G being twenty bucks on Steam means we can expect that price point but…it’s Atlus ¯\(ツ)

Free on game pass is a pretty good price point in my books :wink: Though admittedly I am considering picking them up on switch for the portability.

1 Like

I’ve seen theories that they regretted that P4G price point because they tried to get away with charging a lot more for SMT Nocturne HD and the release kinda underperformed.

1 Like

Ha ha, I get that but a) I’ll probably want to play them in my own time and not depend on GP and b) I really wanna send the message to Atlus that this is a viable platform for their games!

Why am I not surprised, lol I guess we’ll see!

1 Like

Three months for me to decide on Yukiko vs Yukiko :smirk:

The real debate will be Yukari vs Mitsuru…

It’s a bit weird they’ve given three full months to finish 5R but are releasing 3P and 4G simultaneously. I love 3P but I literally dropped a 4G playthrough on Vita a year ago when the rumours of an Xbox version started coming out, so that takes priority.

1 Like

Persona 4 is the only Persona game I’ve ever finished-- the original version back in 2008. I played dozens of hours of P3 but just never crossed the finish line, and with P5 I bought both the first version and Royal on PS4 but I would get a few hours in and then have the nagging thought of “What if it comes out on Xbox…” I guess for once waiting finally paid off.

1 Like

Good things might come to those who wait, moneyhats notwithstanding. If you put that much time into P3, you may as well use a guide for the social links this time and get the reward for it.

1 Like

Xbox is finally a modern platform.

1 Like

I highly advise any collector to nab one while supplies last, this is how you do a steelbook edition and it’s at no extra cost. Persona 5 is worth owning, anyway.

2 Likes

Can’t decide whether I want persona 5 on switch or Xbox. The portability vs 60fps.