Jeff Grubb STRONGLY Hints @ EA Play coming to Game Pass

I think EA would love to have at least FIFA and Madden on xCloud. But xCloud only has set games just now.

I wonder if this could be got around somehow to suit everyone.

Imagine if the Mass Effect Remaster comes to Game Pass…

It’s a great deal and the perfect next step for game pass. However i feel like EA access libary isn’t that great. Getting their games on day 1 would be way more exciting. I’ve never been too big on EA games apart from Mass Effect.

Sports games are massive get for Game Pass. Madden is big in US and Fifa is huge in the rest of the world.

1 Like

do you think if this happens, it shall only be on console GP or Ultimate? If so, as a PC player in a country with no Xcloud yet, I have zero reason for excitement. :confused:

If Madden would be huge, imagine FIFA.

I don’t mean that MS would put both at the same time on GP, but if they really bring EA, I see no reason they wouldn’t convince Ubisoft in the future.

Top 3 most disappointing publishers they could go into a publishing agreement with, for me

Does nothing for me personally, but I know this will be absolutely huge for others. :slight_smile:

Then again, more people will get to experience a way out, so that is good :slight_smile:

I’m a little confused how this will work though…

this means i don’t have to change discs if i want to play one of the mass effect games.

cool.

It would be incredible to get FIFA day one on gamepass. It’s going to be a massive adding value for gamepass

For me personally not all that interesting because I have all of those games, the games that interest me. Also aren’t some of those on GP already?

However, how does EA Play work? I know that they always have big games like Battlefield and Battlefront with trials before they release, that’s cool stuff. But do they frequently add stuff?

Judging by the reactions here, with some disappointed and others excited, it could totally be what Shinobi was refering to :grin:

I mean, I am not exactly a multiplayer gamer, nor I play that much EA games, but a deal like this isn’t only meant to offer more to current subscribers, it’s meant to bring more people to the service. Just consider how huge FIFA and Madden are.

1 Like

Exactly, this would already be a big deal for Game Pass and could be the step necessary to bring even more publishers into the fold.

1 Like

Don’t think it’s happening, but I hope I’m wrong!!

EA Play would be huge. I think it will be bundled with GPU if it’s happens.

I don’t know if they could (because Sony has Fifa marketing rights for example) but Gamepass adverts with:

• Halo
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Fifa
  • Madden
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Battlefield
  • Minecraft
  • Gears
  • Forza Horizon
  • Yakuza
  • The Sims

Would be quite something.

That and getting another major AAA game day one in Gamepass (if I was MS, I would get Gotham Knights or Suicide Squad to have Batman associated but I guess it would cost a lot) would be fantastic for the Gamepass.

2 Likes

Would it? Surely a GAAS game will have post launch sup. And therefore mtx. It would definitely cost much less than a timed exclusive.

It would be big but not earth shattering. They don’t release new games into the vault. You have to wait usually 6-9 months.

It’s cool that you get a 10hour trial for all new games, I always liked that but didn’t want to sub to both. Will be cool for Star Wars Squadron this year.

As for Fifa and Madden fans I am not sure it will make too much of an impact since those players always want the latest version and probably won’t wait 6 month for that. But for me this is cool, I would never buy a sports game these days, so cool to have them and I can happily live with the last years version.