Jeff Grubb STRONGLY Hints @ EA Play coming to Game Pass

For those who don’t know Grubb and several other insiders have been gradually hinting that EA Play might come to Game Pass. Shinobi said there was objectively big Game Pass news coming soon involving a publisher. Grubb noted EA and Sony were not super friendly lately, whatever that means. Zhuge sais EA was looking to bring their subscription services to other platform holders. Grubb and others also said there was big Game Pass news coming soon, as did @XboxP3 in his recent Animal Crossing interview. And now Grubb seems to be going slightly further in a fairly obvious way.

Thinking Rand nailed it…

2 Likes

thats definitely gonna add value upon the already ridculous value of gamepass thats awesome

2 Likes

Just having the sports games as part of gamepass subscription would be obscene

4 Likes

That’s what I thought aswell after reading the tweet, but I don’t know. I would particularly love it, as my EA Access subscription ends in september and I wouldn’t have to renew it lol And Ultimate Team perks would be sweet!

This is How MS wins next Gen. Omg. This is happening for sure.

1 Like

I think ppl grossly underestimate how big a deal it could be too. Especially if it opens the door for other major publishers to consider following suit.

1 Like

EA Play (even if just basic) would be fucking huge. Way bigger than I would imagine…it’s really hard to imagine it but I will not be mad at all, I would be pretty happy.

Other things to note:

• We don’t know at this time if you will be able to stream games outside of game pass ultimate
  • EA stated that they are coming to xcloud

With those two things in mind, it would seem that the only way to stream games from EA would be to have them in GamePass. EA would profit from all the niceties of EA Play (Basic) with selling games to users and Ultimate Cards and all that stuff. MS would profit from the increate in users. They both profit from DLC/MTX. This would legit be huge imo.

2 Likes

Whats the difference between basic and pro?

This does nothing for me personally.

Business wise, it would be a huge move but only if EA’s games go on Game Pass day one which is what EA Access/EA Play doesn’t do. So unless their games are day one, I don’t even see the point.

Would be funny to see FIFA day one on Game Pass despite Sony having the marketing rights to the game. LMAO.

4 Likes

There is a way to play games early though I think? 10 hr free trial, no? Everything carries over if ya buy it.

EA has so many backwards compatible games. That could mean games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Alice: Madness Returns, SSX and Skate joining Game Pass. Not to mention all the Star Wars, Battlefields and Need for Speeds!

Also, it would sweeten (even if just a bit) the possibility of EA acquiring WB Games too.

1 Like

Does Madden go into EA Access/EA Play? If so, that would be huge, especially given the loss of Halo Infinite as a launch title. I know it’s not exclusive, but the value proposition to be able to advertise Madden + Xbox Live for 15$ a month is massive to a large portion of the “casual” fans in the US.

I’m assuming this wouldn’t be EA games into GP day 1 right that seems a bit too good to be true.

It would likely be everything about how EA play basic works but on gamepass. Even that in my opinion is pretty massive especially since EA was one of the many publishers previously not on gamepass.

Agreed, I don’t get the downplaying. This is the EA back catalog - Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Madden, Battlefront, FIFA, UFC, plus the small stuff like Mirror’s Edge etc. - all on Game Pass, and then new games after just a few months. That’s really significant.

And if it also comes with the ten hours trials and the extra 10% off EA games that’d be cool too.

2 Likes

EA Acces Vault Games Xbox One (as of 08/14/2020)

1. Alice: Madness Returns
  2. Anthem
  3. Army of Two
  4. A Way Out
  5. Battlefield 1
  6. Battlefield 3
  7. Battlefield 4
  8. Battlefield 1943
  9. Battlefield: Bad Company
  10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  11. Battlefield Hardline
  12. Battlefield V
  13. Bejeweled 2
  14. Bejeweled 3
  15. Black
  16. Burnout Paradise Remastered
  17. Crysis
  18. Crysis 2
  19. Crysis 3
  20. Dante’s Inferno
  21. Dead Space
  22. Dead Space 2
  23. Dead Space 3
  24. Dead Space Ignition
  25. Dragon Age 2
  26. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  27. Dragon Age: Origins
  28. Fe
  29. Feeding Frenzy
  30. Feeding Frenzy 2
  31. Fifa 15
  32. Fifa 16
  33. Fifa 17
  34. Fifa 18
  35. Fifa 19
  36. Fifa 20
  37. Fight Night Champion
  38. Heavy Weapon
  39. Madden NFL 15
  40. Madden NFL 16
  41. Madden NFL 17
  42. Madden NFL 18
  43. Madden NFL 19
  44. Madden NFL 20
  45. Madden NFL 25
  46. Mass Effect
  47. Mass Effect 2
  48. Mass Effect 3
  49. Mass Effect Andromeda
  50. Medal of Honor Airborne
  51. Mirror’s Edge
  52. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
  53. NBA Live 15
  54. NBA Live 16
  55. NBA Live 18
  56. NBA Live 19
  57. Need for Speed
  58. Need for Speat Heat
  59. Need for Speed Payback
  60. Need for Speed Rivals
  61. NHL 17
  62. NHL 18
  63. NHL 19
  64. NHL 20
  65. Peggle
  66. Peggle 2
  67. Plants vs. Zombies
  68. Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighb
  69. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  70. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
  71. Rocket Arena
  72. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
  73. Sea of Solitude
  74. Shadows of the Damned
  75. SKATE 3
  76. SSX (2012)
  77. Star Wars Battlefront
  78. STAR WARS Battlefront II
  79. The Bard’s Tale Trilogy
  80. The Sims 4
  81. Titanfall
  82. Titanfall 2
  83. UFC
  84. UFC 2
  85. UFC 3
  86. Unravel
  87. Unravel Two
  88. Zuma
  89. Zuma’s Revenge
6 Likes

Plus the current Game Pass (Console) … that 337 games total

huge

4 Likes

Imagine if it is only a GPU perk? :skull:

This news wouldn’t excite me much except if sports games would launch on service

Could these include the remasters if those rumors prove to have validity?