Jeff Grubb: Microsoft should be pretty talkative soon, implies multiple updates in August

I guess that would be a good place to do it. I still think they will show one new game with lockhart reveal

Excited to see Lockhart finally. Iā€™m starting to think itā€™s going to be called Xbox Series Xā€¦[insert word]. Lite? Core?

Why ya think that? I could see Haloā€™s MP being part of a reveal where they stress platform values and services since its f2p. I dunno that a new game announcement would make sense since that can happen the following week at Gamescom anyhow. Plus, if it is Perfect Dark, save that for European audiences (maybe toss in a Fable real-time engine demo, Forza gameplay, some Avowed interviews, Flight Sim with RT as launch title + 3rd party stuff).

1 Like

Well whenever you reveal something new u want to stun everybody thatā€™s why hellblade 2 was shown with the series x. I guess it doesnā€™t have to be a new game but a world premiere trailer because you donā€™t show a console without a game u just donā€™t.

1 Like

Nope will be game awards

1 Like

You donā€™t know the price until they scan it at the register

Just give me date / price for XSX ā€¦ and preorder option :yum:

Wait. You think Iā€™m gonna be near a register? :doge:

2 Likes

Cant wait to see what theyā€™ve done with BC, and upgrades to SoT, Gears 5 and SoD2!

I think spreading info out is better for them to get the news week instead of 1 news hit. Weā€™ll probably get stuff like one week itā€™ll be the dashboard and other features, the something about xcloud and so on.

It really depends on the depth of features and services as well as whether or not they have a couple more games they want to show us.

Also, confirming the exact launch line up still needs to happen. I agree that there are drier aspects that could be made in a post, but it is hard to say for sure with all we do not know.

I will admit, I am super biased about being hyped up for hardware and services, which I do not think is a common view, even in the Xbox community.

On the Major Nelson video about the store he says at the end:

We will be having you again this week or the next one to talk again. We have a lot to talk about still. (Not exact quote, doing it from memory)

As late as next week they will drop more news.

Seems like August in general will be packed with news from both Sony and Microsoft. Should be a fun time.

I love that Thanksgiving Day comment.

I wonder if Sony will reveal price before the planned Xbox August stuff.

Xbox really need to show games running on Series X. Its sort of ridiculous that weā€™ve arguably seen one game (R&C) running on next gen hardware. Its August. Consoles are out in a few months. And ultimately the usual demo booths, trade shows and expos where the public get to see actual consoles running games wonā€™t be running this year (this is sad as these events are always awesome). So they need to replicate what those shows do and have 7 or 8 launch games (1st and 3rd party) running on Series X hardware - and I personally think they need to do this pretty quickly.

I think that is exactly what they are aiming for with the August Show. They said itā€™s about Hardware and Services - and IMO you can show your new hardware best by showing games taking advantage of it.

As much as I like technical presentations, I think they need to do something like this for a broad audience.

This is the down side of new consoles being released is the waiting game really can not wait for that day they tell us we can pre order. Also its getting more and more difficult not to dip in to the money I have put to one side to buy the next gen lol

You have more faith than I do. Its what they need to do but I fear somehow they might be behind on their dev kits and tools - which is why they didnā€™t show any console footage in July. That was a bad bad choice (if it was a choice) IMO.

I donā€™t see it that way. To me their strategy makes sense - I only think they didnā€™t explain it very good.

Look, the usual criticisms towards Xbox are:

• 3p might abandon them if their installed base is too small
  • 1p is too small and not diverse enough
  • no Japanese games

In this context, they addressed it all:

• first show: 3p and indies only, show how viable they are in this regard, especially with GamePass
  • second show: lead in with Japanese exclusive, then show the diverse 1p lineup, especially with the new studios they acquired
  • third show: hardware and services - and here it is still important to remember, that the XSX is just one way to play their games

The sell for the XSX is in the end very easy. You want to play the games in high quality, but not invest in a full blown PC? Just get the box that does that for the price of a graphics card alone.