Jeff Grubb: Microsoft should be pretty talkative soon, implies multiple updates in August

I expect a deluge of all the rest of their news: Lockhart, pricing and pre-orders this month.

Yup there is a lot left to discuss about the system not to mention Hot Chips later this month. Gonna be a lot of Xbox news in the next 4 weeks.

I really just want the prices and date announced already, to see lockhart and how small or not they were able to get it, and the services updates we are expected to get.

I loved today’s detailed video about the new store. I hope we see something about the rumoured new UI and some news about a new backwards compatibility program.

I don’t care much about the price because the longer Microsoft waits for Sony, more guaranteed it is that the Series X will be cheaper.

Wait, no price? How long Ms and Sony are going to drag this out?

Time for Lockhart. Time for xCloud.

Bring it on.

It’s important to note that Jeff has tweeted again moving the supposed Xboxing Day to a date between August 22 and 27 (it was between August 11 and 22 before).

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, so I would expect all this info to hit Tuesday/Wednesday with Gamescom ONL being a chance for them to give Geoff a trailer for something new.

I’m just hoping to see some Halo multiplayer this month!!

xCloud / Gold updates earlier in the month, Lockhart/ pre-orders mid-month, Halo MP for Gamescom. That’s my guess!

2 Likes

Here’s my wishlist:

• Price and release date announcement;
  • Lockhart reveal with price and release date;
  • New UI presentation;
  • Xcloud news, with the beta extending to more countries (mine included, hopefully!);
  • Gold is dropped. Online is free to everyone, and every Gold subscription is converted to Game Pass;
  • Backwards compatibility news. New OG Xbox and 360 games included in the program (with Xbox One support!). Presentation about possible enhancements for those titles on the Series X;
  • New partnership for a few third-party games being day one on Game Pass;
  • New studio acquisition?

I’d be happy with just one of those to be honest lol

3 Likes

‘XboxIGN day’.

1 Like

Okay now, some of Ryan’s comments at times when interviewing Jason Ronald from team Xbox made me wonder if there was something coming later. So should we expect this day to be later this month prior to Gamescom as Jeff Grubb’s tweets have a placeholder for?

He’s been pretty darned accurate, and it does seem like IGN/DF might have been told about/shown Lockhart but then the reveal was pushed back because of Sony not giving date/price.

Is it related tho? I would think that xbox pushed it back because of the pandemic and not sony. I think they wanted to reveal it but they just didnt have it ready the way they wanted to with either a game not ready to be shown along with it or something similar.

1 Like

It was originally a June show supposedly and got pushed back once they saw Sony didn’t reveal pricing in their June 4th show. Now Sony is suggesting they aren’t gonna reveal pricing August 6th either, and suddenly MS’s Xboxing Day is now delayed another week or two by the sound of it.

I feel neither can get past Gamescom without launch info being revealed.

1 Like

I was aware of it originally being in june it was just my thinking that xbox did not stop the reveal because of playstation they can reveal lockhart without revealing the price and release date. I was thinking it’s a possiblity that they wanted to reveal it with the initiative game and it was not ready show so they held it back for august. Just speculation but food for thought.

1 Like

Was there anything suggesting it’d be tied to their first game being revealed? I bet they wanna line up their value/pricing announcements together but not bundle that with noise about new games. I bet their Halo MP f2p news got prematurely announced and was likely part of this set of announcements (betting Gold going free is also part of it).

1 Like

No it was not suggested but intiative game was supposed to be shown at the reveal event confirmed by Phil a while ago and it never happened so they were not ready and I doubt just they would just reveal a launch console without a game. So it may have not been the original game they wanted to show but everything has been changing so my bet is it’s that game they will show. On the halo infinite thing yes I think that was premature due to the leak. They also needed to respond with something positive because there was quite the controversy on the graphics. Which I’m guessing when they do reveal the price they announce gold is free show a game show lockhart.

1 Like

It was said that the Initiative game would be revealed this year and Gamescom is the next best event to do it.

3 Likes