Jeff Grubb: Another reason to get Gamepass coming in the next 2-3 weeks

True and I don’t think it’s THQ Nordic for pretty much the same reason.

THQ Nordic is my #1 AA publisher with Focus being #2 but I have bought, played and completed every game that I have wanted to from both publishers. Sure, we know Plague Tale 2 is confirmed as is BioMutant and most likely Darksiders IV but aside from three games, they don’t really have anything upcoming that is major or of any interest to me personally.

Sega/Atlus is pretty much done for me as im not in Atlus whatsoever and haven’t played Persona since PlayStation One. Played and completed the Yakuza/Lost paradise/Judgment games and im done with them. Had my fill. Maybe if Sega fucking gives me Binary Domain 2, I’ll be more excited.

EA Access is cheaper than game pass on a per month basis so that doesn’t make any sense. The only publisher after Ubisoft that I wouldn’t mind would be Square Enix as long as their games are day one on Game Pass. I have a few games im going to buy and play (Outriders and Avengers) on Series X but if I can get them as part of Game Pass Ultimate, even better.

Just have to wait and see who the third party publisher ends up being.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1292828044869148672?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1292828044869148672|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1292828044869148672

I doubt it’s EA cos Shinobi said there will be contingency who think , eh is that it?

EA seems like a bigger deal than that to me.I’m expecting a smaller AA publisher deal maybe.

1 Like

3 Likes

Are you sure he did use the word “major” or similar?

Couldn’t be Devolver or Annapurna?

1 Like

some of their more well known games are already on the service like What Remains of Edith Finch and Outer Wilds, but it would definitely be dope if their entire portfolio arrives.

I’m not sure which I’d prefer. I mean, EA has some great titles and would be a huge get for MS, but otoh, the service is PERFECT for some of those smaller AA games to really tap into.

Sega announces they’ll be bringing Yakuza 3-6, Judgement and Persona 5 Royal to Game pass. Then as a surpise they announce they’re working on a new Jet Set Radio and it’ll be on Game Pass day 1 when it releases. A man can dream…

6 Likes

I’ve changed my mind and think it might be 3 or 6 months EA Access as a GPU perk. Like they do with Spotify.

1 Like

I’ve seen some stuff pointing to a new Jet Set Radio, that would be awesome haha But yeah Sega has been bringing a lot to Game Pass, some partnership wouldn’t surprise me, and finally Persona.

I am pretty sure he firmly meant that for the era audience who wants it to be stuff like cdpr, sega or even bamco, that it being EA (or ubisoft) would illicit a “meh” response. Considering the way some enthusiasts talk about EA/Fifa/madden still i think it’s fair to think some will come away from such an announcement going “that’s it ?!?” .

I’d need to check. I could be wrong about that element of what he said since it was a couple weeks back iirc. He does say that this is something objectively big though for both MS and the publisher.

Yoooo…that’s a great dream!

Persona seems like the perfect Xcloud game, doesn’t it?

JSRF 2 would ease some of the loss of no Sunset 2…as well as bring back that OG Xbox nostalgia.

I know he’s saying it’s not Cyberpunk, but I hope it’s Cyberpunk.

I would love it to be EA games but cannot see it. As a battlefield and Star Wars and FIFA player it would be immense.

Another reason? There are already over 200.

JSR is already getting a spiritual successor with the same gameplay, art style and even the composer, so might as well call it a new JSR. It’s just not from Sega or Xbox this time. Doesn’t matter, the game is coming.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

2 Likes

I can see it now, Xbox and EA announce their partnership and subsequently show off the remastered Mass Effect trilogy as something for Game Pass subscribers to look forward to this holiday. It would explain Mass Effect’s absence from EA Play, at least.

Alas, I suspect getting every EA title on Game Pass is likely a pipe dream.

2 Likes

ME Trilogy Remastered on Game Pass is gonna be an easy mic drop, ngl

2 Likes

and how many weeks out is WB Games event? 8/22, 2 weeks out