Jeff Grubb: Another reason to get Gamepass coming in the next 2-3 weeks

I think this is what Shinbo refered to. A partnership with a third party publisher. Could be anyone. EA would be big, but inlikely due to EA’s own ambitions.

My money is on Sega, THQ Nordic or Annapurna Interactive.

3 Likes

Annapurna would be my absolute #1 choice. The bite size nature of their releases is exactly what I want out of Game Pass non first party.

1 Like

I have a strong strong feeling it will be Cyberpunk.

Maybe cyberpunk? with a next gen patch maybe! That would kinda ensure people get XSX to play that and wait to get PS5s later

Lol rekt. :frowning:

Aw wtf??? Come on MS!

Hopefully they bring persona as well

1 Like

I want it to be Sega but if Shinobi said it’s big for MS and the publisher then maybe someone like Devolver or Focus Home

It’s probably something the masses will love, but we won’t. Like maybe EA’s sports catalog.

Ubisoft have nothing in GamePass right?

Sega would be awesome! It would also pay homage to OG Xbox which relied on a Halo game coming in hot and a Sega partnership to carry it early. Would be some irony if it’s Sega again.

2 Likes

Things can change really fast. I don’t think anything is completely off the table right now.

Focus Home makes so much sense too. They publish the best AA games in the industry right now and are one of my favorite publishers due to the stuff they take a chance on.

I’m going to say that UPlay+ comes to Xbox Series X via Game Pass Ultimate which in turn would allow you to play all of their games day one for being a Game Pass Ultimate member. Plus, if you buy any expansions or DLC content which I would, you get 10% off as part of Game Pass Ultimate.

Ubisoft is my number one publisher and developer so this would be awesome…Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion and Far Cry 6 day one!!! Oh boy, oh boy!!! So hoping this happens. Microsoft and Game Pass saving me money left and right…whoooo!!!

Cyberpunk is obviously not gonna happen. That game will sell great and CD Projekt Red will be able to get a lot of money for putting the game on Game Pass months later.

I guess that answers my question on if they are still hosting an inside Xbox this month.

Will be interesting to see what they announce and when. Will it be a part of something else, like the Series S reveal, or will it be its own announcement? Would love for Sega to be on board but outside of Yukuza, I don’t know what they make to excite gamers.

SEGA publish Atlas games don’t they? Maybe part of it is Persona coming to Xbox and being part of GP? Similar to what they did with KH.

True, I didn’t think of that.

They have three weeks to reveal the Series S, Halo MP, and whatever this GP announcement is. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer to find out more.

I don’t think it’s Focus Home.

Apart from GreedFall, every game published by Focus Home last year is already on the catalogue (A Plague Tale: Innocence, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, The Surge 2 and World War Z). Plus, the next game being published by them, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, was at the last Sony’s State of Play.

So, I don’t think Focus Home has much left to offer to give us “another reason to get GamePass”.

It was Sega that brought me to Xbox to begin with, had no real interest prior to finding out JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, Gun Valkyrie and Shenmue 2 would be exclusive to it. Xbox was my unofficial Dreamcast 2! I would love it if Sega started really supporting Xbox again.

2 Likes