Introduce Yourselves!

Hey guys, good to have a forum based on such a positive message.

I’ve been gaming for ~38 years, xbox main but switch and PC also.

Looking forward to the gaming goodness XSX and all of the new studios will bring us.

2 Likes

I bake cakes and post leaks. Let’s fucking goooooo.

2 Likes

I’m Portuguese and I’m 38 years old.
My first console was the original Game Boy despite Sega consoles have always been my favorites and will always have a special place in my heart, but from the moment I played Halo Combat Evolved on the Original Xbox I became an Xbox fan.
Right now I only play on Xbox One X and I intend to buy an Xbox Series X, but despite being an Xbox fan, for me a good game will always be a good game regardless of the console it belongs to, above all I love games.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Good job on this forum, arrived here through the Twitter link and it’s been a painless and pretty feature rich process, colour theme is good too!

I’m killswitchmad, 34 year old gaming dad from Suffolk in the UK. I’ve been gaming almost all my life having started on the Sega Master System working my way through Genesis, PlayStation, N64, PS2, GameCube and eventually starting my Xbox journey with the original Xbox a year after it released. Since then I have pretty much stuck with Xbox but can occasionally been seen dipping into the PlayStation pool.

I’m a huge fan of the Xbox franchises having sunk my teeth into Halo early on, I’m a self confessed Halo nut and will lap up any media related to the universe (I’m currently waiting very excitedly for the release of Halo: Shadows of Reach before Infinite arrives).

I’m also a big racing fan and nothing gets me more excited than anything Forza related, I’ve been playing Forza from the very beginning and can be frequently seen tinkering with whatever cars I can get in the virtual garage.

In my actual life I’m a married father of one small child with a wife that also enjoys gaming although a tiny bit more casually than me, she currently is pretty much just playing Apex Legends with the occasional dip back into Skyrim (She’s racked up hundreds of hours there I don’t get how she keeps going back!). As for funding all this gaming I currently work for McDonald’s as a Culture and Wellbeing manager, it’s a role in pretty passionate about and it brings new challenges each day. Alongside this I am also completing a CIPD apprenticeship with McDonald’s to gain the proper HR accreditation.

I’ve ranted enough, so in summary…

Hello!

4 Likes

I mostly play Destiny 2 and other Game Pass games that pique my interest. Outside of that I like to do DIY things like woodworking, gardening, painting etc.

2 Likes

Hello XboxEra!

I’m Scruffy, 44 years, married, kids, house etc. Originally from the UK (London and the South East of England) but moved to the US (NJ, Philly burbs) in 2004.

My work has been in the areas of business development and marketing. I recently sold a real estate business (just before COVID) and now… I’m retired? Honestly, until this recent “pause” in my life I had no idea how stressed and busy I had been. I went six months without touching a video game… Never again.

As for games, my father was in the industry and so they’ve always been a part of my life. They offer experiences you can’t get in other entertainment media. Favorite franchises are Halo, Forza, Dark Souls. I love Xbox and have a soft spot for Nintendo.

It’s great to meet everyone and thanks to XboxEra for creating this forum.

Cheers!

1 Like

Love it. Welcome everyone to XboxEra.

Hope we can have a positive chat in this place about our shared hobby. Console wars are such a waste of time.

4 Likes

:bosmanright:

Also so awesome to see the sheer variety of xbox fans (and video game fans in general) out there. One of my favourite parts of this hobby is interacting with people around the world.

1 Like

Glad to have you on board!

Hello and God bless! My name is Matt and my XBL gamertag is OperaMando. I’m saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ! I’m admin of Jesus Freaks on XBL, just look us up!

I’m a 44-year old choir director for over 20 years now. I love singing, directing, and performing music.

I’ve been married for 21 years and have 5 beautiful children.

I’ve been gaming since the years of the Commodore 64. I’ve owned a Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, N64, GameCube, Gameboy Advance, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Let me know anytime if you have prayer requests and I will lift you up! Again, God bless and I’m excited to be a part of this community as we enter into a new “Xbox Era”!

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is Doug and I’m 36 and been gaming on xbox since 360 launch. Used to be a big on social aspect of games and was part of forums for a while including TeamXbox if anyone was on there.

Looking forward to the Series X but I also game on PC with Valorant being my primary game as of late. Lastly, I used to stream on mixer but now on Twitch. Give a follow if you’re interested!: twitch.tv/dougbfresh

1 Like

Hi,

it‘s Thomas from Germany. Nearly 20 year ago I was running one of the first german Xbox websites. Went to the first X0 events, I interviewed Peter Molyneux… fun times. I am a huge XboxEra fan and I share your reasons for starting the Podcast.

Because I also think, that conversation and reporting on the Xbox Platform in general was either lacking or uninformed, I started last year the german Podcast Xboxmojo. Because I Hope Xbox will get it‘s mojo back with Series X.

At Resetera I was a silent reader. So I‘m glad I found this place here because I‘m sick to justify liking Xbox.

5 Likes

hello glad to become a member i have been gaming since late 70’s owned everything that allowed me to play games now a family man in my 50’s and enjoy playing games with my kids and friends my number one console is xbox currently using xbox one x and soon to be a day one owner of the series x i also have a ps4 pro. look forward to meeting new gamers to play with

Hi all, I’m Paul and I’m 48 UK, been gaming since the days of the Spectrum 48k, had pretty much a dabble with all the consoles over the years. Looking forward to the new gen and thankfully a new site in Xboxera were hopefully the shared love of games shines through.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m 25 from Vietnam. PS is really dominating my country. Maybe there are only around 100 Xbox owners in my country lol.

My childhood is PS1, PS2 but I switched to 360 and loved it. I also played my brother’s OG Xbox. My favorite franchise is Final Fantasy. I played 9 when I was 6, so much nostalgic.

Don’t know if I can get Series X day one because there are only PS main stores here.

Anw, enjoy and don’t mind my English haha

3 Likes

Welcome everyone!

1 Like

I’m from the UK and let’s just say a bit too old to be gaming. But I’ve done it my whole life. Get less time nowadays but still love it. I’ve found the internet increasingly negative regarding Xbox and this place seems a godsend. I hope it takes off. Used to be on the other era for a short while but sheesh it’s hard work. Nice to be here. Seems a brilliant idea!

1 Like

I’m 37 and live in Tampa, Florida, work from home because the kids are stuck going to school online probably forever. I have a wife who is far too incredible to ever describe properly, and video games are fun!

3 Likes

The best games. Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise. In the last 10 years I’m over 1000 hours in your games! Thanks for being here.

Welcome everyone! Love reading the replies here.

2 Likes