Introduce Yourselves!

I’ve got severe motion sickness in some games too. I remember playing LAN tournaments… 15 years ago where I literally got sick when playing Counter Strike.

Awesome to have your background on the website. Welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

statham, been around a while, statham on GAF/ResetEra, before that scottlarock on TeamXbox and GAF. Traded a pair of Jordans for the original Xbox in 2002, been a Xbox fan ever since. Before that I started gaming on the Color Computer, then Tandy 1000.

stathamZ And stathamV2 on Xbox Live, I mostly use stathamV2 now.

3 Likes

Hi! Happy to join the forum. Live in Canada. Been gaming since the late 70’s (and with an Xbox since its beginning). Looking forward to being apart of a like minded community. Cheers.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m Andy

I’m 36 and also from the UK.

I would like to first congratulate the people of XboxEra for creating a place where gamers can talk about games without the toxicity. I suffer from severe anxiety so having somewhere like this really helps me connect with the community.

Been a gamer for many years and Xbox is my home.

GT: Dude Davies

7 Likes

Hi, Sascha here, 32, from Germany, but also with a Canadian parent! I‘ve been gaming since my childhood. Originally mostly on Nintendo systems, starting with the SNES, Gameboy and N64. I briefly had an original Xbox, but really jumped onto the boat with Xbox 360. The controller was neat, the online experience as well, they launched a year early and had great exclusive content. I especially liked the WRPG and JRPG, though I play a lot of genres and have opened up over the years. I was very much letdown by the Xbox One, only to be jumping back from PS4 when Phil‘s vision for gaming really became clear to me. The Xbox One X, Game Pass, customer-centric approach, backwards compatibility and enhancements, new studio acquisitions — it felt like coming back home! And I‘ve never regretted this switch, I genuinely believe the best years of Xbox are right ahead of us! I have all three consoles, but tend to use the Xbox One X far more often these days. Apart from Dreams perhaps, a fascinating game on PS4 where I let my creative vision become realities in ways I never managed to experience.

Same nick on Xbox! Would love someone to check out Sea of Thieves with :slight_smile:

Favorite genres: WRPG, JRPG, Platformers, story-centric/immersive games Some of my favorite Xbox franchises: Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Dishonored, Deus Ex, Fable, Halo, Final Fantasy, The Witcher, anything from Rare really, recently Yakuza

Thank you for creating this forum, it‘s a really good step and necessary move given the negativity elsewhere, IMO. And as I stated in the welcome thread, I‘d have stepped away from the other site very soon.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Editor-in-Chief and creator of the “Lenda Games” portal here in Brazil, bringing news, information, reviews and everything about the world of games and technology.

I have been working for more than 2 years as a writer/journalist and for more than 20 years a huge fan of this incredible gaming market.

I currently have the platforms in my collection:

Xbox One, Xbox 360; PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP; Nintendo Switch, WII, Nintendo 64, SNES; Genesis (Mega Drive);

5 Likes

Hope you feel welcome. We’ll do our best to make this a positive space where we can enjoy a hobby together, no matter the device you play on.

Welcome! I know for a fact we’ve got some avid Sea of Thieves fans in here. We should build a fancy Sea of Thieves thread.

4 Likes

Hi. I make some games that people like to play. And some games that people don’t.

:woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

Midtown Madness was great… :wink:

1 Like

What’s going on everyone?

My names Tim, I’m from the US but I was in the USAF for about 10 years and have lived all over the world.

I think I’m 33 or 34. Stopped counting a while back and I usually have to ask the wife how old I am. I’ve been gaming since the Atari 2600 and Sega Master System. Got a PC in the early 90s and played a lot of Wolf3d, Blake Stone, Heretic, Hexen, etc. Then CS when it was just a new Half-Life mod.

My pops bought an Xbox on release on a whim, been connected to it ever since. Halo CE cemented my stay here. I met a group of people playing Halo 3 and we’ve been gaming together nearly every day for over 10 years. I’ve met nearly all of them in person and we’ve become good friends. Even lived with one after I retired from the USAF.

Excited to be a part of some equally gaming passionate peoples!

2 Likes

Hi there! 46 y/o male from Copenhagen, Denmark. Gaming since my older brother bought a ZX80 and programmed a primitve version of “pong” on it.

Have gamed on ZX Spectrum, C64, Amiga, PC, a bit PS1 and then every Xbox since the OG Xbox.

Look forward to the launch of Xbox Series X and to debating all things Xbox!

See you all around!

1 Like

Happy to join the forum :smiley:

I’m 31, based in the sunny city of Barcelona (Spain). Mostly into J-RPG, but lately I have been ejoying most “big” releases regardless genre.

1 Like

Game Pass must’ve been a treat for you lately… though I guess you’ve played most of the Yakuza games already. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 23, from Bethlehem PA, I was originally had a ps2, but after playing halo 3 as a kid online, I never looked back. Still play playstation when I can but xbox is my primary. My fav games are halo reach, witcher 3 and chrono trigger. Can’t wait to learn more and hang out here!

3 Likes

Awesome! Finally a good place to actually read!

I’m Ozzie, 37, tech head! Excited for this forum and Seriex X!

STEAM: desennium XBOX: desennium PLAYSTATION: desennium

2 Likes

Ahhh Yakuza games… If only I were able to finish all Kingdom Hearts games in game pass :rofl:

2 Likes

Gude everyone, Matt from sunny Germany here. I’ve been playing and programming since my childhood on the Spectrum, C64, Amiga and PC. Xbox has been my main gaming plattform in the last couple of years and with game pass it will stay that way for sure. I mostly enjoy racing games, indie titles and rpgs.

Thanks for creating this community!

2 Likes

That seems to be the perfect mix in games as I think MS will shine with racing games, RPG’s and with ID@Xbox on Game Pass for the coming years.

Welcome!

1 Like

Hey its Darksec (as I’m known online).

Been gaming since the early 80’s and played on nearly every console going from then from spectrums to commadore to Sega to nintendo and even some flops along the way like jaguar or amiga cd32.

Love gaming but mainly now put all my focus on Xbox and PC taking full advantage of gamepass and play anywhere accross both platforms.

Currently use Xbox one X in 4K TV in the living room and my gaming PC upstairs in our bedroom.

I’m 40 this month, married with 2 children and live the UK (North East).

Deffinately getting a series X but that console alone next gen for me as 8 didn’t get too much use out of ps4 to Warren buying it in the end. Most my friends are Xbox so makes sense for me.

Always been a day oner for every console and plan to be again.

2 Likes

yeah, xbox was always best in class with racing games. i’m just a little disappointed whit forza motorsport and its ‘early in development’ state. well, getting 3 stars in all drift zones in fh4 will occupy me till 2022 xD