Inside the Development of Halo Infinite - Jason Schreier article

Reading the few snippets I’ve seen, it certainly seems like the usual Schreier piece (especially when a certain pub is involved). Truth be told, I’m not going to read the article that’s explicitly timed to release when it can cause the most controversy… that’s a type of journalism I refuse to support.

5 Likes

He litterally did though, exposes on Naughty Dog and Rockstar and EA.

Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica devs called him out on Twitter. Cory even said that Jason’s job was hurting developers or something like that. H

2 Likes

It’s honestly an ok piece I don’t find it anything crazy bad really, it is worth a read honestly. Though it does have stuff that has been a bit obvious to us.

I didn’t find it even remotely a hit piece which kinda shocked me.

Exactly, entitled and toxic manbabies will say a lot of BS but that doesn’t mean that 343 has to pay attention to that. All 343 has to do is continue releasing quality content, if anyone thinks that a 15+ hour game is not worth the price or that they cut content to sell later (lol) then they shouldn’t buy (not that they were planning to do that anyway) or play the game.

1 Like

as others mentioned already, nothing the article said is surprising to me.

5 Likes

Jason is many things but I promise he isn’t holding back ammo on Sony companies. He spent an entire year crapping on Naughty Dog, before the game even dropped.

He’s just a jerk to everyone, equally. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think this sort of thing is easy to say after the fact, but the people leading the effort have to make decisions based the resources they have available, sometimes there are risks and sometimes those risk realize.

Can we not turn this fucking thread into console/journalism war shit.

In short the issues with Infinite are what we all have been speculating for over a year and it was nothing insane. Joe stepped in and quite possibly saved the game and a huge image hit on xbox.

The only thing Id love to read more are what changes Staten made to the ACTUAL content due to the rumors that this was actually more Ubisoft-like before he stepped in.

2 Likes

That’s kinda cap though.

Like it’s not a bad artcile and certainly more positive than negative.

1 Like

O you sweet summer child

This exact thing was leaked by a contract dev few months ago . I think I’ll believe Jason on this .

1 Like

He literally (read what I said) did not; last I checked that crunch article on Naughty Dog wasn’t specifically teased for months as content complete only to release on Last of Us 2’s launch date. Those are the facts and exactly what I was talking about.

1 Like

WAY too late for that.

Like if the article was more damning and the reviews were bad, sure I can see that aspect of it.

Infinite is being praised, and this article is literally title “From Disaster to Triumph”.

1 Like

there’s no FUD in the article because the things that were a problem have gotten solved or in the process of it. There are ample reasons outside the article to make FUD about which everyone has witnessed over the past few weeks

1 Like

Didn’t see a Mod derailing the thread with the conspiracy angle coming lol.

3 Likes

I agree, the only thing that could stop this is if we somehow bring Gears into it

1 Like

You would think that Phil and Matt should take a portion of the blame with 343’s mismanagement.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty basic stuff. Nothing worth making a fuss about.

The engine was still being built during much of the production, that doesn’t make the engine slow. I know for a fact that object placement, lighting, collision, etc. aren’t nearly as cumbersome as the old Blam derivative, and that is what I’m talking about. From an iteration standpoint, the engine is faster than the old; sorry if I’m not going to take someone’s word who doesn’t code (you or Schreier).

9 Likes