Inside the Development of Halo Infinite - Jason Schreier article

Yep exactly, nothing in there was a surprise to me.

So, do you think we can expect the first Story Expansion in 2022 then with so much cut content?

Itā€™s a 15+ hour game, though. People need to be fine with that.

1 Like

And market it like Spider man Miles Morales :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

But arenā€™t we suppose to support the developers! and be ready to buy up everything! :stuck_out_tongue:

on a serious note, I guess it depends how big they are. Maybe they could tie them into MP seasons and include the SP expansion + MP battlepass in 1 bundle and then maybe even give it away for free in Game Pass Ultimate.

That ā€˜cutā€™ content wouldnā€™t be anywhere near complete though would it? So fair to charge for it as itā€™s dev time post release.

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s not like the content is ready to be release and they just removed it last minute, itā€™s more they had bigger plans maybe did some work on it but then dropped it for more focused work.

Cut content due to scope ā‰  cut content for dlc lol

4 Likes

It sounds like a miracle and itā€™s pretty apparent (for one more time) how even only one person can make a difference.

Completely agree.

I donā€™t really expect it to 2023 tbh.

But how would he sell his brand of FUD without shitting on someone else on their launch dateā€¦ certainly didnā€™t do the same for a certain group of other developers.

Also blocked btw for calling him on his disinformation campaign around the spec reveal on the Series and PS5.

15 Likes

You guys, Iā€™m not saying I want that, Iā€™m saying it could be what many others say, now that this article is out and details that 2/3 of the game was cut. Along with it offering one biome in the Zeta Halo, it might be viewed as they cut content to sell as DLC.

Didnā€™t he do his ā€˜hit pieceā€™ on Naughty Dog like four months before TLOU2 came out? lol

People will say whatever BS they want they donā€™t need some article haha donā€™t listen to them.

1 Like

Except this isnā€™t actually FUD.

This is kind of more of those cheesy ā€œovercoming obstaclesā€ movies from the 80ā€™s and 90s.

Narrator Voice: They were a down-on-their luck team of devs with the biggest flagship Xbox IP. Everything was looking down untilā€¦ Joe stepped in.

Eye Of The Tiger begins to play in the background.

Narrator: Now heā€™s turning these devs from zeroesā€¦ into heroes!

6 Likes

So the engine that was supposed to help 343 get content out faster was the cause of really slow development of the game .

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

No?

No that was the old engine, they legit built the new engine while making the game

a bit like this

Work Train GIF by Media Molecule

13 Likes

Thatā€™s not at all what Iā€™ve been told by devsā€¦ perhaps stop sipping the Schreier brand of FUD?

2 Likes

i mean, that mf keeps selling and selling, so why not :eyes: